Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RahulRulz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
London
Hello, Today suddenly my phone has got a Display Problem. I dont how it happened. It has got a some transparent Display Problem..i tried to Google the Problem but couldn't identify the Problem, so I thought of posting here. Now i need your help identifying the problem. I have uploaded few pictures of the problem. Please check and tell me what it is and how can i fix them.

Here is the link for the album : https://imgur.com/a/quPOI

Thanks,
Rahul

ray.arl

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2015
Is your phone still in warrenty? If so contact your retailer. If not, did you ever replace your screen? It seems this situation would appear on refurbished screens...

Bomb Bloke

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2015
Tasmania (AU)
Assuming that isn't due to a loose screen protector or something, it looks like the adhesive between the digitiser (the touch sensitive glass on the outside of the display) and the LCD (the actual bit that shows stuff) has been affected somehow. The seal is generally quite airtight,

The shapes are similar to those sometimes caused by impact damage, but usually that renders the area entirely inoperable - other than the discolouration, presumably everything else is fine in your case (eg, you can still see pictures and so on through that spot)?

TheHorrorNerd

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2015
That looks like a 3rd party display replacement (not from Apple)... Apple will not help you if that's the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.