Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elcidroyale

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2014
Something broke in Yosemite. I have an office 365 account set up on my Mac. Email is working fine but in MAc calendar, not all appointments sync. Then I see a little triangle with an exclamation point in it next to the name of this account. I have deleted and readded the account and still an issue. Help!

Ralphalph

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
I'm having the exact same problem with Office 365/Ecchange online. I tried removing and restoring the account, but now Mail.app fails to sync any of my older e-mails. I've had to resort to using Outlook 2011! Please fix this, Apple!

sahnert

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2003
Seattle
I had this same issue and was able to resolve it. I found that the server settings in Calendar did not match the settings in Mail.

Specifically, go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts and look for the "internal server" for the exchange account and copy it.

Then go to Calendar > Preferences > accounts and look for the "internal server" for the exchange account and paste the server from Mail.

In my case Calendar was trying to use "m.outlook.com" as the server and and after I replaced with the server from Mail that had a more specific name, the Calendar started syncing again.

Ralphalph

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately on my Mac the internal server and external server appear to be correctly set to outlook.office365.com for both mail.app and calendar.app and the error persists.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
I had the same problem. I fixed it by removing the account and then adding it again. That seemed to fix things and after a few minutes everything was up to date.

Yep, I needed to remove and re-add the Exchange account too...

Ralphalph

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
I removed and re-added the account this fixed the problem for a time, but it then returned. Screw it, the new Outlook app is actually pretty legit if you are an Office 365 subscriber.

rbr747

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
Still broken

Unfortunately switching the account off and on again didn't work. And I couldn't find the Cache file for TimeZones - although I do suspect that time zones are part of the problem.

The main issue (Calendar.app not syncing with Exchange) started when I switched time zones on - I have now switched it off but that doesn't help.

I also upgraded to Yosemite recently and I'm pretty sure that's when calendar invites received through Mail.app started behaving oddly - beforehand I would just click Accept and the email disappeared. Now nothing seems to happen.

I have just installed the latest Outlook for Mac, which looks quite nice, but as far as I can tell there is a basic #fail in the UI - no swipe in the Calendar. If you want to change weeks or months you have to mouse click the left/right buttons in the banner. I'm simply not going to do that. Calendar.app lets you move really fast with two-finger swipes on the trackpad.

So I'm still very keen to get Calendar.app working!

Any other ideas?

trevorbsmith

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2007
I had the same problem recently.

After lots of talk with tech support, we discovered that I had a recurring event set in my exchange calendar (not sure if I set it on my Mac or on a Windows machine) for the 3rd Wednesday every month, all day.

We deleted it.

Boom, problem solved.

tl;dr version: delete your recurring, all day events.

the clover

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2015
Exchange events not showing on Mac Calendar--Problem solved!

That fixed the problem for me too! I had a recurring event that I created on my Exchange calendar a while back. As soon as I deleted it, all of my other events that were setup by coworkers on our company Exchange server :)immediately popped up. Thank you very much Trevor!

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
I have many recurring all day events... how is it ok to have to delete these?

Its offered as a workaround.

If you have many and you are concerned perhaps you could copy the events to a different calendar, delete them from exchange, then copy them back.

Again this is just a suggestion....

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
Anyone else have any ideas? I tried to delete all my recurring items etc. No dice. My Macbook says it is refreshed, but appointments I add on my other devices aren't syncing to the macbook (though they sync to each other) or the reverse. The only thing that catches it up is removing the account entirely and putting it back, and that works until the next change.

alecksbigbag

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2015
"/" is different than "\" !

I have experienced the same annoying issue (triangle with question mark and dialog box with the server sync error) for few days on OS X Yosemite.

I solved the issue by going to Calendar -> Preferences... -> Server Setting (tab)
and changing

Internal Server: server.name.eu
Server Path: /EWS/Exchange.asmx

to

Server Path: \EWS\Exchange.asmx

Once I type the server path with Windows style backslash "\", the information changed to

Internal Server: server.name.eu\EWS\Exchange.asmx
Server Path: /

and since then I do not get the server sync error anymore.
I did the same for the External server path. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Computing4girls

Computing4girls

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2015
"/" is different than "\" !

I have experienced the same annoying issue (triangle with question mark and dialog box with the server sync error) for few days on OS X Yosemite.

I solved the issue by going to Calendar -> Preferences... -> Server Setting (tab)
and changing

Server Path: /EWS/Exchange.asmx

to

Server Path: \EWS\Exchange.asmx

Once I type the server path with Windows style backslash "\", the information changed to

Internal Server: server.name.eu\EWS\Exchange.asmx
Server Path: /

and since then I do not get the server sync error anymore.
I did the same for the External server path. Hope this helps!

Genius solution, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.