Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Hi guys I just got the new iPad Air 2 64gb. I went out and bought it on the 23rd for my bday. The device is awesome but I'm wondering if I made the right choice. I was REALLY REALLY disappointed that there isn't a feature like MW. Obviously I could get an android tablet but idk if I would feel comfortable using it as iPad is so simple so far. Obviously this is an iOS forum so I do expect most here to prefer iPad. I just also feel kinda bad about spending this amount of money on a luxury device when I live at home still(have an illness that prevents work for regular periods). I know this is more of a rant/second guessing myself like I always do but can someone discuss this with me. The store is fine with a return but I only have till March 24. It's really eating me up inside tbh.

Last edited:

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
If you can wait, the rumored iPad pro is supposed to be announced this spring. That would probably be more of a multi windowed experience, or at least be better suited for mw should iOS 9 support it.

GatorScott

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2015
I've personally never understood why people fuss over multi window. I had a tab s 10.5 for about 6 months before I got my air 2 and never used MW. I tried it but just don't understand the use for it.

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
I've personally never understood why people fuss over multi window. I had a tab s 10.5 for about 6 months before I got my air 2 and never used MW. I tried it but just don't understand the use for it.

I just think it would be awesome to have cb and YouTube side by side etc.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007

It's a feature not everyone uses but I do and wish it were on the iPad. I can split windows with Chrome and Gmail, surf the web, cut and paste info and create an email and copy my info right into Gmail all on the same screen.

GatorScott

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2015
It's a feature not everyone uses but I do and wish it were on the iPad. I can split windows with Chrome and Gmail, surf the web, cut and paste info and create an email and copy my info right into Gmail all on the same screen.

I can see the use for it with something like that. With the speed of devices now days I never cared about that, I'd just use the app switcher to jump back and forth and maximize the size of the screen.

If your going to android because of MW id highly recommend the Galaxy Tab s 10.5. I loved it, great tablet.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
You can return iPad Air 2 and buy a Samsung Note 10.1 or Samsung Tab S 10.1 they are better for your needs like MW. Also you will save more $$$ on those Samsung tablets than iPad Air 2. :apple:

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
It's a feature not everyone uses but I do and wish it were on the iPad.

This thread sounds like a covert troll to raise the multiwindow/multitasking issue again. If not, do people put any thought into there purchase decisions?
It seems like $500-700 is significant to op--i might have geeked on this purchase for a month or more.
Why waste Apples time and money?

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
This thread sounds like a covert troll to raise the multiwindow/multitasking issue again. If not, do people put any thought into there purchase decisions?
It seems like $500-700 is significant to op--i might have geeked on this purchase for a month or more.
Why waste Apples time and money?

No troll here. I have never used android but the MW looks awesome. Android overall looks cheap and crappy but I hear you have more options. I do really like the security of iOS tho which is working great on the air. Very quick!!! Which is why I'm a bit nervous. Maybe I will take the air 2 back and just sit on my money for a while. I'm not bashing iPad at all so don't think I'm a troll please. I know nobody can make the choice but me but I love reading the opinion's on here. And what do you mean waste apple's time and money? I'm the consumer who bought it from target after hearing the rave reviews about it. Everyone says Apple is the best so I assumed a 600$ flagship product would have a comparable feature. No need for the rudeness please.

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
It's YOUR money...

buy the features that you want.

That's the only thing I want from android though. It's a big thing I want but I feel the iPad destroys the android in other categories for my use. That's why I'm so darn conflicted.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
It's something I would enjoy as well...But honestly, how often would I use it? And what are the workarounds? For me, it wasn't an issue that prevented me from buying the Air 2.
Maybe it happens in the next iteration of the software. But if not, I still am extremely happy with my iPad.
There's a balance in all of this that each person has to make with respect to a feature set you'd like to have vs. what is offered. There's very little in life- technology or otherwise- that's perfect. If it's a 'have to have it', then buy something else. If it's a 'it would be nice to have', get an iPad.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
Everyone says Apple is the best so I assumed a 600$ flagship product would have a comparable feature. No need for the rudeness please.

"Everyone said", "i assumed". I am not being rude--i am just trying saying your approach to tech purchases may revealing problems in how you approach things generally

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
The return window is March 24? That's almost a month away. Relax, and just enjoy the iPad as it is. Try not to obsess about features it doesn't have, just see how you like the features it does have. See if the iPad becomes the first thing you pick up in the moring, and the last thing you put down at night. If it becomes that, then keep it. If not, return it.

But the key is really to relax. When I read your post, at first I thought you had to return it in a week or something, you sounded so anxious! Then I realized you had almost a month! That's a lot of time. So relax and let yourself enjoy the iPad. Pretend it's on loan from a friend for a month. See if it fits into your life. If it does, great. It's not a cheap device, but it'll be worth every penny. If it's not a god fit for you, that's okay too. Return it and move on to something else.

arobert3434

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013

I have to say I agree. 9 people out of 10 when using a *24-inch* desktop monitor will zoom and maximize every window, every time. Multitasking is left for cmd-tab or the dock / start bar. Why these same people think they want to suddenly start using multiple windows on a 10, 8, or even 7-inch screen is completely beyond me.

(And if it's not the same people, guess what? You're in a small minority, so get used to the situation or use Android. :) )

Mcdevidr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2013
Hey my bday is the 23rd and I didn't get an iPad air 2 too.

One question where exactly do you "feel" iPad bashes android. And I mean feel in the real sense of the word, like feel it in your back, side, crawling on the skin, lions?

All jokes aside, again why do you feel bad about getting a luxury item. Unless you feel bad about the reason you can't work. By the way windows does multi screen. You could try a windows tablet.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
Hi guys I just got the new iPad Air 2 64gb. I went out and bought it on the 23rd for my bday. The device is awesome but I'm wondering if I made the right choice. I was REALLY REALLY disappointed that there isn't a feature like MW. Obviously I could get an android tablet but idk if I would feel comfortable using it as iPad is so simple so far. Obviously this is an iOS forum so I do expect most here to prefer iPad. I just also feel kinda bad about spending this amount of money on a luxury device when I live at home still(have an illness that prevents work for regular periods). I know this is more of a rant/second guessing myself like I always do but can someone discuss this with me. The store is fine with a return but I only have till March 24. It's really eating me up inside tbh.

MW code was leaked in iOS 8 beta but was buddy, expect it to be featured in iOS 9 (which we will find out in the start of June). Until then, use the 4/5 fingers left and right to jump back and forth between apps.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014

MW will come most likely with the big ipad and hopefully they also add multiple user accounts.
If you are doubting yourself you need to look at the whole package and not just one individual part. There will always be something that won't please everyone, if you get an android tablet than you have MW support but the rest is pretty meh.
The 5 finger swipe between open apps is very nice and fast on ipads and does most of the trick until proper MW support comes.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Use the return period for 1 of its purposes, which is to determine if you really want the item. If you change your mind, return it.

The good news is that you are not dealing with a 1-of-a-kind product. The iPad is a readily available commodity, so even if you do return it now, you can always re-purchase later.

No biggie.

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
Thanks guys. I do have a an anxiety disorder that plays into this as well. You guys made great points about how I can buy it later if I miss it lol. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.