Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evil Hippy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2015
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the screen from a 15 inch Powerbook G4 (the last model) to replace a broken screen on a 2010 Macbook Pro? I know there is a small size difference, but will it work otherwise? Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the screen from a 15 inch Powerbook G4 (the last model) to replace a broken screen on a 2010 Macbook Pro? I know there is a small size difference, but will it work otherwise? Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

No.

The 2010 ones are unibody. The connecting pins are also completely different.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA

Nope, as already mentioned nearly everything is different between the two machines. I don't even think it will fit on a first-gen MBP, because of incompatible connectors (edit: the size is different also).

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No, completely different technology, design and form factors. It won't work for many reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.