Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

txdk23

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2015
Also it may take longer depending how fast your previous employer can verify you. I saw for my 2nd to last job, they got ahold of them and hr said for hire right to fax them paperwork and never responded back or answered phone calls from hireright. So that may be what dragged mine out a bit.

hopefulapple

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2015
I see. Thank you for sharing. As soon as I can get clearance I'm putting in notice with my current job. This is so exciting! !! APPLE!!! Can you believe that?! APPLE!

WRasada

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2015
Hey everyone! New here and I was hoping maybe some of you could answer a couple questions of mine! Firstly I just want to say thank you for creating this topic, its been very helpful and informative!

So I applied for two postings near me in SoCal, Applecare and Applecare chat team, on Jan 25 and Feb 6 respectively. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet but I understand it's taken upwards of 2-3 months for some people to get a call so I'm hoping I fall in that category. My first question is to the people who got hired but also anyone currently applying, but basically did you guys apply for positions in your area and how many postings did you apply for?

The follow up question is if you guys did apply for multiple positions do you think it would hurt me if I applied for a couple others in different areas to help my chances? I'm not coming off as desperate but more of how much I would love to work for Apple. Crossing my fingers I can hear something back soon! =) thanks everyone!

Last edited:

strmbwl

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2015
Submited Application

First time posting and i just finished submitting my application. I am nervous and anxious and hoping I hear back. I have read a lot of the postings here and want to personally thank everyone that has contributed. You guys are great!!! Besides the usual of, "Be yourself, empathize and focus on customer service"...any other tips??

hopefulapple

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2015
When you get your interview smile a lot, be prepared to do live role play, show attentiveness, and show them why you ate the candidate!

----------

Of course don't eat them..bit just show them you are.

strmbwl

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2015
Dont eat them...check...:p What did the first initial phone call go over? I know that if you get passed that first one, its the 2 skype interviews...

hopefulapple

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2015
The first interview consisted of HR telling you about the position, the training, the hours, etc. The 2nd consisted of an actual Skype interview where you are asked about your understanding of the position. You will also be asked about how you would handle certain scenarios (focus on customer service more than technical). The 3rd interview will probably be with the one who would be your direct supv. Here you will go more into role play (focus more on customer service) and go over the position again. Hope this helps! I wish you all the best!

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Neighbor's college son asked me if I knew anything about this program today with me being an Apple fan. I never heard of it until now. He recently applied, but he has no work experience worth including on his resume only his AA and now working on this BA.

Has Apple ever taken applicants with no prior employment? I suggested he get anything for six months and apply again if he doesn't hear back this time.

Last edited:

fstop570

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
background checks

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the background checks with some of us. Some are saying that they're thorough and call for any date checks that might seem wrong. What are the questions like. Do you have to list every job you've had? I've never done a background check form or forms before

:apple:

strmbwl

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2015
The first interview consisted of HR telling you about the position, the training, the hours, etc. The 2nd consisted of an actual Skype interview where you are asked about your understanding of the position. You will also be asked about how you would handle certain scenarios (focus on customer service more than technical). The 3rd interview will probably be with the one who would be your direct supv. Here you will go more into role play (focus more on customer service) and go over the position again. Hope this helps! I wish you all the best!

Thanks for the response, just applied this past Thursday, still no call but I know its been longer for some. I really appreciate the info. Hopefully I hear back....

Applewolfman

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2015
New Mexico
I applied to be an advisor a couple of weeks ago and I'm mainly worried about scheduling. Are the schedules solid from week to week? Do they change regularly? Do I get to pick the times I wish to work or are they given to me? Is it true you have to work most major holidays?

strmbwl

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2015
I think scheduling depends on whether you applied for full time or part time. But I do know that you will have to be available for certain holidays, although im not sure how flexible they are about that.

Applewolfman

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2015
New Mexico
I think scheduling depends on whether you applied for full time or part time. But I do know that you will have to be available for certain holidays, although im not sure how flexible they are about that.

Thank you. I applied for part-time… trying to maintain my flexibility is important to me… Apple is a great company! I hope it works out.

Applewolfman

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2015
New Mexico
I am not certain if part time and/or the college program differs from regular corporate full time or if you are going through a temp service but I know I was told that schedules change every 3 months & you bid on what shift you want.

Whether you get your preference is based on performance & your statistics. So if you do great & excel then you'll get the shift you want or as close to it as possible. If not, you get what's left!

Thank you! This is helpful information to know. I applied directly with Apple.

Applewolfman

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2015
New Mexico
Not far at all actually… LOL… I applied a couple weeks ago and have heard nothing. I am not worried since it appears timing varies significantly from person to person.

As long as scheduling can get worked out, this might be a perfect fit for me.

Are you currently an AHA? If so, how long and how do you like it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.