Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ourphones

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2015
I liked the buttons on Thule atmos 3x.
CS grip is the full package, with cons regarding scratches easily on back and thicker than some other cases.

saphir

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
The buttons are somewhat stiff - it definitely takes more force to press than with no case on, but you get used to it.

I just bought black, frost, and navy for $9 shipped! Can't wait to get them.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Just ordered mine.. Do they give you a tracking number and such once it's shipped? Can't wait to get them. Such a great deal.

ETA.. Crap I checked out as guest and now I can't view any order details.. anyone else do that?

Last edited:

saphir

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Just ordered mine.. Do they give you a tracking number and such once it's shipped? Can't wait to get them. Such a great deal.

ETA.. Crap I checked out as guest and now I can't view any order details.. anyone else do that?

Yes, when I ordered one a few weeks ago (Feb 8) I got a USPS tracking number once it shipped (Feb 9..I received it Feb 14)....I believe I checked out as a guest.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Yes, when I ordered one a few weeks ago (Feb 8) I got a USPS tracking number once it shipped (Feb 9..I received it Feb 14)....I believe I checked out as a guest.

Good to know! Hoping I get a tracking number.. it'll feel weird being completely in the dark and not knowing when it'll arrive.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I gave in and ordered three Social Pro 6 Plus cases. :D

I bought the Foggy Clear a few weeks ago and thought it was an excellent value even at $10 bucks. $10 bucks for three cases, to have a change of pace every so often, is a no brainer.

saphir

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I gave in and ordered three Social Pro 6 Plus cases. :D

I bought the Foggy Clear a few weeks ago and thought it was an excellent value even at $10 bucks. $10 bucks for three cases, to have a change of pace every so often, is a no brainer.

Has the foggy clear yellowed at all yet? And/or does it get dirty easily? It's one of the three I also ordered :)

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Placed the order Wed. morning 25th, shipping confirmation Fri. 27th.

Ahhh not bad. Tim Angel told me they're super backed up on orders so at the latest mine should be shipped on Monday. Ugh I can't wait to get it. #impatient :cool:

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Jeez I just ordered the other day a Zoogue for my 6+ through Amazon. The only color (red) that didn't have Prime Shipping, so I'm waiting on that. Then I see this thread, go to their homepage and proceed to order Blue, Black, and Clear.

I was really wanting the Apple Leather case but iffy about the issues with bubbling and peeling. Then I decided on the silicone case, but didn't want to pay that much. Then I read someone bring up Zoogue and checked them out.

Now I will have 4 cases from Zoogue, Otterbox Commuter, Magpul, UAG, Spigen Air Cusion, Ringke Fusion, and always looking for more :p

Damn case OCD/addiction. I really need to start saving some scratch for the :apple: Watch.

Ourphones

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2015
Jeez I just ordered the other day a Zoogue for my 6+ through Amazon. The only color (red) that didn't have Prime Shipping, so I'm waiting on that. Then I see this thread, go to their homepage and proceed to order Blue, Black, and Clear.

I was really wanting the Apple Leather case but iffy about the issues with bubbling and peeling. Then I decided on the silicone case, but didn't want to pay that much. Then I read someone bring up Zoogue and checked them out.

Now I will have 4 cases from Zoogue, Otterbox Commuter, Magpul, UAG, Spigen Air Cusion, Ringke Fusion, and always looking for more :p

Damn case OCD/addiction. I really need to start saving some scratch for the :apple: Watch.

Which is your favorite case?
Have tried CS grip?

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Which is your favorite case?
Have tried CS grip?

Hoping the Zoogue will be my favorite for good protection but minimalist.

I have not tried the Candyshell yet.

Honestly my favorite is probably the Magpul. If you can't tell by my user ID I'm a pretty big gun nut and love supporting a company such as them. Plus their cases are cheap and good.

The Ringke and Spigen I group into the same category of I love them but the clear TPU really attracts oil/fingerprints.

The otter box for when I need to work (I work for the DOJ) and am constantly throwing my phone into a bag with magazines (of the gun type), ammo, handcuffs, leg irons, etc, pens, cuff keys, blah blah blah. So the Otterbox does a good job there when I need it to.

The UAG is good, but I was a UAG wh0re back in the Note 2 days and am a bit burnt out. Plus all of their jagged edges get old and semi annoying on a larger phone.

I really want to find a decent wood case in a similar shape/config as the Apple cases. And I may still end up with an Apple leather case and blue Apple sticker just to match the interior of my car. :p

Also wanting to try a Seidio Surface and Convert as I had both for my 5 back in the day and that IMHO was a perfect case for someone on the go, need to throw it in a bag and forget about it, etc.

Another thing I like about the Commuter case by Otterbox is, it's not as bulky as the Defender, but really gives me peace of mind when it comes to #bendgate protection. I don't for one second believe that was blown out of the water like some dismiss it as, and I truly feel in my day to day activities, if I don't not be careful, I could easily bend this phone.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
This question is for those who have the ZooGue Social Pro on their 6/6+.

Does the edge of the lip go over the glass or barely stops short before it?

I have a tempered glass protector installed on my 6+, and it's not completely edge to edge, so I'm looking for a minimalistic case that goes over the glass by a "bit" to touch the edge of the protector to prevent dust that might get underneath the protector.

Thanks

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
This question is for those who have the ZooGue Social Pro on their 6/6+.

Does the edge of the lip go over the glass or barely stops short before it?

I have a tempered glass protector installed on my 6+, and it's not completely edge to edge, so I'm looking for a minimalistic case that goes over the glass by a "bit" to touch the edge of the protector to prevent dust that might get underneath the protector.

Thanks

There's a decent lip, but not sure if it will cover the gap.

Here's a couple of pics. Hope they somewhat help.

imagejpg1_zpsbffecd56.jpg
imagejpg2_zpsfaccdc1f.jpg

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
There's a decent lip, but not sure if it will cover the gap.

Here's a couple of pics. Hope they somewhat help.

ImageImage

thanks, would you mind taking a direct front face of the phone with the case on? I like to see how far in the edges of the case touch the glass

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
thanks, would you mind taking a direct front face of the phone with the case on? I like to see how far in the edges of the case touch the glass

Sure. Here you go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 109

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
thanks, how tactile are the buttons?

I've been reading that users have been complaining that they were a bit hard to push.

You're welcome.

They're definitely a bit on the harder side to push, but to me not enough to not consider the case. If ZooGue is still running the sale, they're a steal for the sale price.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Some careful X-Acto work on the Zoogue buttons can provide more response. A small slit to the left and right recess of the buttons.

Magpul buttons are the gold standard of click. It's due in part to generous space around the molded buttons.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
You're welcome.

They're definitely a bit on the harder side to push, but to me not enough to not consider the case. If ZooGue is still running the sale, they're a steal for the sale price.

I took the bullet and bought the Red. I really hope it covers a little bit over the glass.

I just installed the CoolReall Tempered Glass on my 6+ yesterday, and using the Incipio DualPro.

The edges of the DualPro is almost flushed with the edge of the glass protector. I hope it's the same with the Zoogue, and it's not too tight against the edge of the protector.

However, the DualPro seems to be a bit tight on the left side, and I'm already noticing the protector started to lift up/down as I press the volume buttons. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 100
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.