Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
Please ignore the wallpaper.

It looks bad, but the old dinette table with a cement block shelf is highly functional.

Seriuosly though, I've used concrete masonry units as shelving and even built a cool drafting station out of them years ago...

OHFIVESTANG

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2015
Here is my desk setup. Got it from walmart online. I use it to record music and im currently about to start trying my hand at FCP x. I picked this desk bc it has a little space on the right that fit my line 6 pod hd pro amp modeller perfectly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 119

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI
I'm using a desk that I bought from Costco actually. We have a very small den area and we cannot put such a long desk as some you see on the setup thread. I'll post photos tomorrow

alinefx

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
get THIS one

there is no better alternative. hands down the best desk i have ever used. Here's a stock pic, will put one up later of mine... awesome cable management system, eco-friendly, 12 outlet powerstrip, printer space (underneath), genuine HARDWOOD and made in the USA!

m5daWWX.jpg

carettaworkspace.com

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
My Nextdesk is on the truck for delivery. Will probably set it up this weekend. I'll post pictures of my desk and setup soon!

driftless

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
there is no better alternative. hands down the best desk i have ever used. Here's a stock pic, will put one up later of mine... awesome cable management system, eco-friendly, 12 outlet powerstrip, printer space (underneath), genuine HARDWOOD and made in the USA!

carettaworkspace.com

Great desk!

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
My desk bought from a charity shop in the town where I live for a grand total of 10 English Pounds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 113

Chippy99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012

carettaworkspace.com

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say. I think it looks REALLY cheesy personally. Sorry!

Trixster

macrumors member
May 18, 2009
I noticed that you were looking at the big Bluelounge desk, don´t know if you bought it yet but just incase you have not (it´s a fairly old thread so you probably have) but I have the 27" iMac on the smaller version of Bluelounge desk. Was really worried that it would look "bulky" with the 27" on the small desk, but it fits just fine.

Img_4202-1.jpg

Img_4238.jpg

Img_4218.jpg

Img_4211.jpg

Img_4207.jpg

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
I noticed that you were looking at the big Bluelounge desk, don´t know if you bought it yet but just incase you have not (it´s a fairly old thread so you probably have) but I have the 27" iMac on the smaller version of Bluelounge desk. Was really worried that it would look "bulky" with the 27" on the small desk, but it fits just fine.

may i ask where did u bought the black mat?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.