Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caromsoft

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2012
Even in 1992 AOL was not cool.

But now it is coming back around and is going to be retro cool :cool:. My email notification on my iPhone is AOL's "You've Got Mail!" You should see the looks I get when it goes off :)

My primary used to be Gmail but I have been switching to my iCloud account so I will be all in with Apple. :apple:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
My own domain. I also have a gmail account for junk.

I do too (several in fact), but I still use Google Apps for an email service/server.

Are you saying you host your own email server[?] We did _years_ ago, but the cycles to manage it far outweighed the minimal cost of outsourcing it.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
I used to use Yahoo! until it became spam city. I used it since the late-90's before closing my account a couple years ago for good.

Now just Gmail. Been using it as my main for the last 7 years or so. Works well with Google Voice which I've been using since 2011. I flashed a ROM to my Android and had to zip Gapps (Google apps). I think my Gmail app is the important Google app to me followed by Play Store. I can live without a YouTube app since I have TubeMate or can stream from the mobile browser. I can live without Google Maps since I downloaded an app called Maps Me for offline apps. And I can live without Chrome since CM Browser is much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.