Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nuhuxi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2015
Apologies if there is an answer here that I can find. I recently resurrected a mid 2010 Mac mini and drop kicked my Win7 Desktop. Now once again hooked on MacOS.

I am trying to use a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 that worked flawlessly on my OC and from what I can see it ought to work on the mac mini BUT it doesnt. The cam works OK but the mic doesnt. The only tip I have seen is to go to the MIDI utility in system settings - which I tried but it didnt seem to work. THe mic was not muted as I have seen in some posts.

Any tips? BTW a testament to Apple HW - I upgraded to Yosemite because all of my software required it. With 4GB of memory I was ready to buy a new computer but upgraded to 8GB and it is working like a champ.

Many thanks for any help.

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2014
I had horrible luck with logitech webcams on mac mini's. Not so much video wise, but the sound is already horrible. I gave up and just bought old/cheap isight camera's, big and ugly as hell, but work flawlessly the minute you hook them up.

In hind sight instead of going cheap, I should have but the bullet and got my parents a used cinema display. The price of speakers, webcam, and usb hubs almost make up the cost difference of the non apple monitor.

nuhuxi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2015
Wow sorry to hear that. I used this Logitech cam on my PC for a few years and the sound was great. I wonder what the Apple store has to offer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.