Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kathrynkochunky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Hi all,

Not sure what it's called exactly, but my iPhone usually goes dark after a few minutes of not using it. This has stopped happening AND the battery is draining super fast. I have theorized that the battery is draining so fast because it is staying bright and "on" when usually it would automatically go into some sort of sleep mode. I looked in settings but didn't see anything related. Ideas??

Kathryn

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
go to Setting/General/Auto-Lock and see what you have set in there. It has options from 1 minute to never. Yours might be at "never" so, set it to 1 minute.

sweatdam

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2015
Really its now 2015 with iOS 8. with no solution

Guess I'll have to open a new thread because I just upgraded from old 4 to an iPhone 5s with exact same problem description. The auto lock i minute setting is not causing sleep from icon window. It does sleep after I press the power button and will auto sleep from the locked screen. So I guess we need to manually make 5s go to sleep. Great:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.