Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
MCDODO iPhone 6 case mini review

Whoa what did I miss? Posts were deleted from last night? The ones claiming to be Mcdodo.

mercurycnz

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
I saw the reply from MCDODO as well.

At least we know MCDODO stands back of its product.

Here is the case I got, I really love the grip and the thickness.

Thanks~

Attachments

• IMG_1311.JPG
    IMG_1311.JPG
    420.9 KB · Views: 131

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
yea, even though now i see how/why it violated forum rules (customer service issues), it was nice to see they are standing behind their product and helping the guy out. so for those that missed the posts, they are making good on the defective case.

FragGalactic

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Just want to say, after receiving my Mcdodo for the 6+, That it is even better than I expected.
I had been looking for something like the Rock .8mm case on my IP6, and this case is even better than that.
If I had to find something to improve upon it, I would say it could use a hair more table and camera protection. And the phone jack plug doesn't quite stay in.
But, overall, I find the case the perfect blend of slim, aesthetic design and protection from minor, every day drops.
I would highly recommend this case to anyone.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
MCDODO iPhone 6 case mini review

My headphone jack is very tight and definitely stays put when it's plugged in.

Last edited:

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
It looks nice but I'd bet an insane amount of money that it'll get yellow and dirty over time. That's my main beef with cases made out of this material. Even the Spigen I got turned yellowish.

FragGalactic

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
You can see in the pic how the jack plug doesnt quite stay in. Not a big deal. But, it is getting increasingly more annoying as it'll sometimes snag on my pocket and get pulled completely out. I'm afraid it'll eventually get ripped right off.
The plug itself is just too small so it doesn't fit snugly into the hole. It doesn't seem like a part of the case where you would expect to see variability from one case to the next like you would perhaps see as a result of two different manufacturing steps like molding vs cutting the camera hole.
4c91f4b5e52216b3bf79c74510c97d4c.jpg

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
That's weird. My headphone plug is very tight and I have to really pry it out with my nail.

mercurycnz

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
You can see in the pic how the jack plug doesnt quite stay in. Not a big deal. But, it is getting increasingly more annoying as it'll sometimes snag on my pocket and get pulled completely out. I'm afraid it'll eventually get ripped right off.
The plug itself is just too small so it doesn't fit snugly into the hole. It doesn't seem like a part of the case where you would expect to see variability from one case to the next like you would perhaps see as a result of two different manufacturing steps like molding vs cutting the camera hole.

So I bought one for my girlfriend, she cut the plugs and the case works fine.

Maybe you can try that too.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.