Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillThePlank

macrumors member
Original poster
Hi there.

I've got a bit of a weird problem on my MacBook Air which is an early 2008 model (A1237) running Linux Mint MATE 17 (x86 build)

The problem is the system won't boot unless it is plugged into the power supply, It gets to the point just before the splash screen would show up and it just hangs until I plug the power supply into it which is rather odd, I have tried using terminal to permanently disable ACPI boot & noapic & nolapic just in case it was a power management issue but I had no luck so I reset that back to default.

I thought ''Ok fine I will just sleep it when I'm out and about'' But I also have another highly frustrating issue which is that 9/10 times if I sleep the computer and wake it up again the internal track pad won't work until the machine is rebooted which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have this damn power supply boot issue which means this computer is now very difficult to use on the road!

If anyone can help I am at a loss in total honesty! I can't go back to OS X on this computer as I replaced the screen with a non OEM panel and the inverter board causes kernel panics within OS X which apparently can be fixed but it is VERY difficult.

Cheers, Will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.