Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alakagom

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Hi,

So I wanna get a MacBook Pro, but it doesn't have to be instant. I can wait till end of the year basically and was wondering is it worth it to wait for the new pro or buy right now? I assume considering its March already it'd be wise to wait.

First, will there actually be update coming this year to Pro line? 2014 was last updated so I assume so? And if so, is there any news at all if will it have Skylake or Broadwell line of CPUs ? I've read some sites saying it will be Skylake, some it will be Broadwell and I assume at this point only Apple knows but still, any guesses? That's probably the biggest change of the Pro from the 2014 I assume will be.

Regards.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
If you don't need it....

Hi,

So I wanna get a MacBook Pro, but it doesn't have to be instant. I can wait till end of the year basically and was wondering is it worth it to wait for the new pro or buy right now? I assume considering its March already it'd be wise to wait.

First, will there actually be update coming this year to Pro line? 2014 was last updated so I assume so? And if so, is there any news at all if will it have Skylake or Broadwell line of CPUs ? I've read some sites saying it will be Skylake, some it will be Broadwell and I assume at this point only Apple knows but still, any guesses? That's probably the biggest change of the Pro from the 2014 I assume will be.

Regards.

why not wait???

As for what updates??? As usual your guess is as good as mine....

I think you'll get a broadwell update this summer, no design changes just a processor change that is going to show practically no difference from te haswell chip. 5-10% CPU boost 10-20% GPU boost maybe an hour or so extra battery.
If you are in the market for a top end 15 inch with dGPU you may get a much better discrete graphics card as there has been some real progress with mobile graphics cards recently with much more compute power for much better battery drain.

If you are after a 13 inch then I can't see the point in waiting for broadwell although skylake will be a different matter (maybe).... Although I don't really see that in the macbooks until 2016 Q1 at the earliest...

atechsnob

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2015
Buy it now! Otherwise you might as well wait for Skylake or next upgrade etc, point is I've played the waiting game and you can't win as Apple could release anything at any given time. I just got the 15 rmbp with 750m and couldn't be happier coming from a 2013 mba 8gb 256 SSD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.