Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamin100

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
So my aging airport extreme finally stopped working so I replaced it with a netgear nighthawk x4 r7500 ac2350 router which Is great except the 5ghz frequency doesn't work properly which I think is to do with the Yosemite wifi issues.
I've tried all the fixes but nothing works

So, insted of the netgear what should I buy..that works?

I know the obvious choice is a 6th gen airport but I was really looking forward to usb3 and QoS

Any other suggestions?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
So my aging airport extreme finally stopped working so I replaced it with a netgear nighthawk x4 r7500 ac2350 router which Is great except the 5ghz frequency doesn't work properly which I think is to do with the Yosemite wifi issues.
I've tried all the fixes but nothing works

So, insted of the netgear what should I buy..that works?

I know the obvious choice is a 6th gen airport but I was really looking forward to usb3 and QoS

Any other suggestions?

USB 3 on a router is a gimmick as most cannot even max out a USB 2.0 bus let alone USB 3.0. QoS exists on an AirPort but it is not user configurable. That being said, I have never had an issue with performance and neither have the 150 clients on my AirPort network at school.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.