Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giraut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
I am in a workplace where their firewall prevents me from using the Mail app on my iPad - or on any device. My iPad is wifi only. When I try to access my mail via the web, which works fine with my MacBook, I get to a screen that allows me to set up iCloud on my device, but doesn't allow me to access webmail.

Is there a way to access iCloud webmail on my iPad via wifi?

Thanks.

Paul Spillenger

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
I am in a workplace where their firewall prevents me from using the Mail app on my iPad - or on any device. My iPad is wifi only. When I try to access my mail via the web, which works fine with my MacBook, I get to a screen that allows me to set up iCloud on my device, but doesn't allow me to access webmail.

Thanks.

Paul Spillenger

Ive never managed to do this using Safari or Chrome but there was a browser i used (can't remember the name) which allowed me to do it, i would suggest looking through the App Store and try serious different browser apps :)

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014

Thanks.

Paul Spillenger

Once you are on the iCloud.com website (set up on device screen) click the URL in Safari, swipe down a bit and than click "request desktop site".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 54
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.