Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogerbottrell

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2014
to factory settings.--any way to do that?

and am I the only noobie that finds dealing with apple support by phone, maddening, mostly only partially successful --?

and frankly, think that would be a good exercise for our Guantonomo bay clients to help them pass the time-
I have much better results on this forum. thank you for your help

rogerbottrell

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2014
i just looked at that.......

that is a lot more of reset than i had in mind. i am a noobie and wouldn't dare tackle that ---that is like killing a fly with a 12 gauge( at least for me) why arnt there some simple settings for this or are there....seems like their should be- but thank you for your trouble_

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
that is a lot more of reset than i had in mind. i am a noobie and wouldn't dare tackle that ---that is like killing a fly with a 12 gauge( at least for me) why arnt there some simple settings for this or are there....seems like their should be- but thank you for your trouble_

Can you explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish and maybe I can help?

You might be able to come close to what you want by creating a new user account.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA

Doing a reinstall does nothing to your data, it simply reinstalls OS X over the current installation. Your fears are unfounded. That being said, you are backing up aren't you, if so then you have absolutely nothing to be afraid of, if you aren't then you are gambling and gamblers always eventually lose.

rogerbottrell

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2014
let me see if i can simplify this a bit

this may not be a problem at all.--I have restarted twice after the restarts (iMac 27" 2013) the colors have been obviously hosed up window border lines to faint to make out colors more vivid than should be --however both times after a while.(i am guessing 30 min to an hour or so ) seems to adjust to normal.???????---so i was/ and still am a bit perplexed) anyway until it get gets permanent i will do nothing. i do know how to re calibrate i think.so it maybe manageable. sorry to have bothered you. but, maybe this a sop for this model?? anyway all is apparently ok now---

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.