Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lnels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2015
My logicboard was replaced under warranty, and now when i try to use iMovie, I get an error explaining that my graphics card doesn't support Quartz Extreme. There were a few suggestions on this site that i tried (changing the display resolution), but none that worked. I don't know much about Quartz Extreme, is it like a Microsoft driver or firmware? I'm fairly knowledgable with Windows and PC hardware, but new to Mac.

lnels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2015
I've looked under About This Mac, there is no option about Quartz Extreme, but I assume it's not supported.

Are there any diagnostics I can do, or is there a list of supported motherboards?

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
This may help:

https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/203727668-Camtasia-Mac-Quartz-Extreme-Required-message-prevents-program-from-launching

This problem typically occurs if you use a USB display device to extend your display to a second monitor. This disables Quartz Extreme and will not allow Camtasia to start. It can also occur if you use a third-party program which turns off Quartz Extreme.

To re-enable Quartz Extreme, please disconnect USB display devices and restart your computer before launching Camtasia for Mac.

There's also an advanced part to that article. Go through it, and if it doesn't help, bring it back and have Apple look at it further.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.