Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I just picked up the Power Support Air Jacket at the Apple Store and I love it but the fit is off, anyone else have that issue? I can feel some give on the sides of the case in between it and the phone itself and it's really annoying.

Are there any cases out there that are similar in size, feel, etc? I have the Power Support Air Jacket in Clear Matte.

long86

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
Try the ringke slim case. About 1/3 the cost, slim and full coverage. It's on Amazon.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
I agree with both of the users here. I would try exchanging it first if you have an apple store nearby. Otherwise, I am extremely happy with my matte black Ringke Slim.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
So it's really weird, I took the phone out to clean and put it back in the case and now the give isn't there anymore.. Ha I guess the case wasn't fitted when I put it on the first time.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Try the ringke slim case. About 1/3 the cost, slim and full coverage. It's on Amazon.

The Ringke Slim is not as aesthetically clean. Sorry, I'm a little nitpick-y about these things. The slits cover all four corners while the Power Support doesn't. But, you're right, for 1/3 of the cost of the Power Support, it's very good quality. The Power Support is a huge ripoff.

mercurycnz

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
I just picked up the Power Support Air Jacket at the Apple Store and I love it but the fit is off, anyone else have that issue? I can feel some give on the sides of the case in between it and the phone itself and it's really annoying.

Are there any cases out there that are similar in size, feel, etc? I have the Power Support Air Jacket in Clear Matte.

MCDODO

I have both power support case and mcdodo P-case.

mcdodo one fits better and thinner, it might not provide as much protection as the power support.

I prefer the mcdodo one since it has the perfect grip.

Thanks.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
MCDODO

I have both power support case and mcdodo P-case.

mcdodo one fits better and thinner, it might not provide as much protection as the power support.

I prefer the mcdodo one since it has the perfect grip.

Thanks.

That thing is just Tpu isn't it? It'll get dirty and yellow in a few months. Looks ok otherwise.

Speaking of the power support, a buddy of mine got it yesterday. Installed it fine and then wanted to take it off to clean his phone. Case was so hard to remove that there was no choice but to crack it. There goes $30+ or whatever he paid for it. Should've just gotten a Ringke slim

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
That thing is just Tpu isn't it? It'll get dirty and yellow in a few months. Looks ok otherwise.

Speaking of the power support, a buddy of mine got it yesterday. Installed it fine and then wanted to take it off to clean his phone. Case was so hard to remove that there was no choice but to crack it. There goes $30+ or whatever he paid for it. Should've just gotten a Ringke slim

seems it would be impossible to crack, unless it was already partially removed...

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
seems it would be impossible to crack, unless it was already partially removed...

I saw it with my own eyes. The problem is that there are only two places on the power support where there's any "give" in the case. right by the headphone jack and on the right bottom corner. those are the only two places you can use to take off the case. But the case is on so darn tight that you have to really pry it out of one of those two places. Maybe he was just clumsy, but the end result is that the case cracked. The Ringke Slim is a lot better because it has notches on all four corners. Makes it much easier to remove.

barrikade

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2015
I agree with both of the users here. I would try exchanging it first if you have an apple store nearby. Otherwise, I am extremely happy with my matte black Ringke Slim.

Is black version the only one that's matte? I got gunmetal and it's slippery :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.