Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aylaeron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2015
I just upgraded from 5s to the 6 yesterday and they don't work. I have all the options enabled in settings. Texts come in fine but Facebook doesn't notify me, and even stock mail doesn't notify. The Gmail app actually just did, and didn't previously. Is there a known issue with push not working when screen is locked? What's the fix?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Make sure you open the apps and use them a bit. Sometimes with a new installation after putting on a backup it seems like notifications don't start working until the related application is actually used and then within a day they seem to start working. Doesn't quite make much sense, but that's what I've experienced with some iOS/iPhone upgrades.

Aylaeron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2015
Make sure you open the apps and use them a bit. Sometimes with a new installation after putting on a backup it seems like notifications don't start working until the related application is actually used and then within a day they seem to start working. Doesn't quite make much sense, but that's what I've experienced with some iOS/iPhone upgrades.

I hope you're right. What a pain it's been to open the apps individually to check.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Also, if you haven't done so already, can't hurt to restart your phone at some point, sometimes these things get stuck somewhere and a restart can help get them going too.

Aylaeron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2015
Also, if you haven't done so already, can't hurt to restart your phone at some point, sometimes these things get stuck somewhere and a restart can help get them going too.

I've tried restarting as well as hard resetting or whatever it's called.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.