Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m3rob

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
I have done a lot of research in upgrading the two processors on my 2009 Mac Pro and I am about to pull the trigger to do the upgrade.

My question:

If all goes wrong and I accidentally bend the pins on the processor tray like I have seen in a few of the posts on here, what would be the cost/procedure to get it fixed roughly? Can I just bring my logic board into a Genius Bar and have them order the parts and fix it? If so what would the cost be in that case as well?

Thanks!

Rob

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
My question:

If all goes wrong and I accidentally bend the pins on the processor tray like I have seen in a few of the posts on here, what would be the cost/procedure to get it fixed roughly? Can I just bring my logic board into a Genius Bar and have them order the parts and fix it? If so what would the cost be in that case as well?

Why wouldn't you call the Genius Bar and ask them so you have an official answer.

Last edited:

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009
I have done a lot of research in upgrading the two processors on my 2009 Mac Pro and I am about to pull the trigger to do the upgrade.

My question:

Thanks!

Rob

A safer option is to have your CPUs De-Lidded by a skilled person HERE so your upgrading is straightforward.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.