Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ourphones

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2015
CS Grip for sure. Much better feel on the phone.

From my trial with several cases, it's hard to beat the "grip".
Seems the Mightyshell offers more protection vs
The grip, but the MS is thicker and probably not as grippy.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
From my trial with several cases, it's hard to beat the "grip".
Seems the Mightyshell offers more protection vs
The grip, but the MS is thicker and probably not as grippy.

There's good feedback on the CS Grip here. It's one of the reasons I bought one. That and it was $20 shipped through Speck. I doubt if I would have plunked down the $40 for it.

The Magpul is an excellent case and for around $15 shipped, a great value too.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I'll soon be joining you guys, adding a Speck CS Grip at half price to my Grey Magpul. Amazon has a great deal on several colors for the Plus. SCJR helped me out big time on that Amazon deal. Actually, I got the blue and white cases, because I didn't want to blow the deal by wishing I'd gotten one or the other. One will go back. I swear. Trust me. Honest. .... :rolleyes:

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I'll soon be joining you guys, adding a Speck CS Grip at half price to my Grey Magpul. Amazon has a great deal on several colors for the Plus. SCJR helped me out big time on that Amazon deal. Actually, I got the blue and white cases, because I didn't want to blow the deal by wishing I'd gotten one or the other. One will go back. I swear. Trust me. Honest. .... :rolleyes:

Haha!

Just because of you, I'm considering a blue one as well. :D

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
All these talk of Magpul makes me want to try one out too! I see the blue one for ~$12... Must resist... :D

Received the Ringke Fusion on Monday. Zoogue supposed to be in on Friday. Have 4 more cases at home...

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
All these talk of Magpul makes me want to try one out too! I see the blue one for ~$12... Must resist... :D

Received the Ringke Fusion on Monday. Zoogue supposed to be in on Friday. Have 4 more cases at home...

Magpul for $12 bucks is very worth being in your collection. :)

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa

Trust me, you would never regret parting with that $12 in this case!:)

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
Is there an ultra slim case (at or below 0.5mm thin) that is not transparent? Just a case that is solid color and as thin as possible...

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
Magpul for $12 bucks is very worth being in your collection. :)

Trust me, you would never regret parting with that $12 in this case!:)

Lol... I'm done with buying cases now that my Zoogue has come in...for now.. I know the Magpul will be in the back of my mind, so the next time I get an urge..I'll probably pick up it up.

The only thing that stops me from buying the Magpul right now is from some reviews, it looks like area around the buttons aren't closed like the CandyShell Grip and other cases I have. Its mostly a baby drool proofing thing... :p

d-emolat

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2014
How do you like the Neo Hybrid for the 6? I've heard mixed reviews on it but imo it looks beautiful on the phone.

The Neo Hybrid Metal seems to be more durable than the plastic version and looks much better. My plastic version broke on its bumper and the metal versions bumper seems to deform and I feel like my signal strength decreases with the neo hybrid metal.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Lol... I'm done with buying cases now that my Zoogue has come in...for now.. I know the Magpul will be in the back of my mind, so the next time I get an urge..I'll probably pick up it up.

The only thing that stops me from buying the Magpul right now is from some reviews, it looks like area around the buttons aren't closed like the CandyShell Grip and other cases I have. Its mostly a baby drool proofing thing... :p

Drool? Better plug up those gaping ports rather than be concerned about button slits. :)

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I am sort of a case junkie. But it's nice because when I get a new phone I always give my old cases away to friends who have my previous phone.

Currently I have 4 cases for my 6. All together though I've spent less than 60$ on all 4 cases combined so I don't think that's bad considering some cases cost $60 by themselves.

1. Griffin Survivor (my new daily driver, just got today) - $20
2. Supcase Water Resistant (previous daily driver, love this case) - $20
3. Supcase Beetle Series (backup) - $14.00
4. Generic Clear TPU (when my phone feels like showing some skin) - $4.00

Reactions: VESELcase.com

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
The Neo Hybrid Metal seems to be more durable than the plastic version and looks much better. My plastic version broke on its bumper and the metal versions bumper seems to deform and I feel like my signal strength decreases with the neo hybrid metal.

Oh really? Maybe that's why it's gotten lower reviews.. should I just stay away from them for the 6?

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014

Oh really? Maybe that's why it's gotten lower reviews.. should I just stay away from them for the 6?

d-emolat

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2014
that's possible... I'm really angry about it and I think they look so great.... but then the build quality just is a deal breaker :/ (and the decreased signal strength on the metal)
I think you should stay away from them, tbh.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008

I've used the Neo Hybrid Metal for some time, and I really like the classy look and the nice, tight fit. The button feel and tactile response are great. My two complaints with it are: 1) It's slippery to hold, at least for me. My hands get really dry in winter, and the smooth metal band just makes it feel like I'm going to drop it. 2) I lose about one bar of signal strength with the case on, specifically the metal band. That's not a big problem unless I'm in an area with a weak signal, which I sometimes am. There are some places where I have one bar and can get service (slowly) without the case, but with it I have no service. I've taken a plunge and ordered a red Element Ion case. It's pricier than I like, but it looks great, is supposed to have pretty good grip, and doesn't have any metal that would cause signal loss. Should get it tomorrow.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
i love the candyshell grip! if it fit with my imos 3d screen protector i would be rocking that bad boy right now. best buy will price match with amazon, or just get a part time job at bestbuy or have someone who works at bestbuy get you speck cases, employees get em for like $16

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
Drool? Better plug up those gaping ports rather than be concerned about button slits. :)

Haha..that's why I've been using my Ringke Fusion all the time when I'm at home. :p

Of course, the simpler solution is not leave my phone unattended or don't let the baby play with it. :p

JAG21979

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2015
Central Florida
I've been eyeing the Magpul cases for a while. Finally bit the bullet and bought the flat dark earth. Looking forward to slapping that bad boy on!

Ourphones

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2015
i love the candyshell grip! if it fit with my imos 3d screen protector i would be rocking that bad boy right now. best buy will price match with amazon, or just get a part time job at bestbuy or have someone who works at bestbuy get you speck cases, employees get em for like $16

Loving the CS grip. One of the best.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised when my CandyShell Grip arrived today. I thought it would have a larger footprint, which it's doesn't and that was a real pleasant surprise.

The white/black looks great on the white phone. I have a river blue/tahoe blue coming as well. The case looks good too. This is my first Speck case.

The grip is amazing. It's the best grip of any case I've tried. As a matter of fact, I can't imagine another case having a better grip.

The one thing I will say is, it sure is a tight fit. I like how snug it is, but putting it on and taking it off isn't for the faint of heart. Someone who believes their phone is a delicate flower would flip out taking their phone out of the CS Grip. Haha! :D

echofree

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2014
otterbox,Jisoncase.spigen,I had bought the cases for my ipad and iphone from the above brand before,great quality,recommend them for you

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
I was pleasantly surprised when my CandyShell Grip arrived today. I thought it would have a larger footprint, which it's doesn't and that was a real pleasant surprise.

The white/black looks great on the white phone. I have a river blue/tahoe blue coming as well. The case looks good too. This is my first Speck case.

The grip is amazing. It's the best grip of any case I've tried. As a matter of fact, I can't imagine another case having a better grip.

The one thing I will say is, it sure is a tight fit. I like how snug it is, but putting it on and taking it off isn't for the faint of heart. Someone who believes their phone is a delicate flower would flip out taking their phone out of the CS Grip. Haha! :D

Hope you'll enjoy this case. The grip is what everyone really notices from the people that I've shown!

d-emolat

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2014
I've used the Neo Hybrid Metal for some time, and I really like the classy look and the nice, tight fit. The button feel and tactile response are great. My two complaints with it are: 1) It's slippery to hold, at least for me. My hands get really dry in winter, and the smooth metal band just makes it feel like I'm going to drop it. 2) I lose about one bar of signal strength with the case on, specifically the metal band. That's not a big problem unless I'm in an area with a weak signal, which I sometimes am. There are some places where I have one bar and can get service (slowly) without the case, but with it I have no service. I've taken a plunge and ordered a red Element Ion case. It's pricier than I like, but it looks great, is supposed to have pretty good grip, and doesn't have any metal that would cause signal loss. Should get it tomorrow.
these are mostly the same problems I have...
could you please review the element ion case then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.