Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tommy060289

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Hey everyone, I have a copy of a file on icloud that I edited this morning on my iPad. I've now logged in to my iMac and opened number and it says the latest version was edited yesterday. If I log on to icloud.com however, it says last edited this morning which is correct.

so to me it is obvious that the document is in the icloud but numbers on iMac is not syncing to the latest copy. How can I force numbers to do a sync and download the latest copy?

Cheers,

Tom

Warbinator

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2014
2 years on and this is still the case.

2 years on and this is still the case.

I've sat here for 30 minutes on a fine connection waiting for my Mac to sync a single Numbers document from iCloud to my Mac so that I can edit a spreadsheet I edited on my iPad this morning and it -still- hasn't synced it to my Mac.

This has been becoming a huge issue of late, I'm having to stop using the Numbers application on Mac and am forced to use the iCloud web version instead because the Mac app seems to sync on its own very sporadic apparently random agenda, and there doesn't seem to be a 'force sync' button anywhere.

Anyone having the same issue? Any solutions?.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
I see the same thing

I'm using Numbers on iPad, iPhone and iMac. Sometimes syncing works fine and happens immediately. Other times, I edit a doc on my iPad, but my iPhone doesn't see the correct editied version of the doc for a day or more. or vice versa, etc.

very frustrating that sync seems so unreliable between devices.

wondering the same thing, if there's a sure-fire way to force a sync?

redangel7

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2015
I have the same problem and it's even more annoying because my entire work depends on it. The only workaround I found if one of my device failed to sync (with the dreaded grey arrow on the upper right corner) is to reboot it. And if the other device failed to get the synced document, I would reboot it too. Other workaround that i tried so far and failed are:
1. Respring
2. Placing device on safe mode
3. Switching airplane mode, cellular data, and/or 3g on and off
I don't know why but it seems that only rebooting the device does the trick. Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.