Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Is anyone rockin the Patriot case? Looks like a much nicer looking case than the Otterbox Defender.

Any reviews or comments?

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I think it looks very promising. I saw the iPhone 6 version in Best Buy last week, and while you couldn't call it slim, it was not huge by any means and it promises 13 ft drop protection, so...wow! I also liked the texture on the sides of the case--like most Tech21 cases, it was just grippy enough to feel secure in your hand without being so grippy you can't get it in and out of pockets. Nice case!

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
I think it looks very promising. I saw the iPhone 6 version in Best Buy last week, and while you couldn't call it slim, it was not huge by any means and it promises 13 ft drop protection, so...wow! I also liked the texture on the sides of the case--like most Tech21 cases, it was just grippy enough to feel secure in your hand without being so grippy you can't get it in and out of pockets. Nice case!

Yea very nice case for a protective case. Much better than most protective cases out there. Not an ugly looking bulky protective case. I played with it in Best Buys and getting ready to pull the trigger. The only thing I didn't like was the holster. Hell of a time getting case in and out of the holster. Also the back camera cut out seems kind of big.

But overall I like this case. My main reason is it's a pretty nice looking protective case compared to the others on the market.

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
I really want to like the Partiot but I can't get used to the space between the Patriot screen and my iPhone screen. I went to Best Buy and tried a couple of them and they're all the same. Called Tech21 support and they agreed there is a space and sent me a replacement. You have to tap harder and you can hear when you tap as a result of the space between the screen protector and iPhone screen. I even got a full body Zagg HDX installed and there's still a space.

Any solutions on how to minimize the space? Anyone having this issue?

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Is part of the problem the HDX screen protector? I know you say your problem is too much space, but perhaps the screen protector is interfering in some way, keeping the screen from fitting flush?

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Maybe it will settle in with time. I've seen this issue in multiple cases. Usually a deal breaker for me. I can't stand the clicking

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Is part of the problem the HDX screen protector? I know you say your problem is too much space, but perhaps the screen protector is interfering in some way, keeping the screen from fitting flush?

It's not the HDX protector cause it was happening before I got it installed.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Had the same problem with all three I tried. Gave up on it. :(

Tech21 customer service admits there's a space and they sent me a replacement and still the same problem. It's a shame cause it's a really nice looking case for being a protective case and has the potential.

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I have it for my 6 plus and I love it. My first patriot case did have space between the actual screen and protector, I exchanged it for another one and I don't have the problem anymore.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
I have it for my 6 plus and I love it. My first patriot case did have space between the actual screen and protector, I exchanged it for another one and I don't have the problem anymore.

Went to 2 Best Buys and tried 12 Patriot cases and they are all the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.