Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XC-3730C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
Does a 2000mah battery exist that is compatible with an 80gb iod video (5th generation )?

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
If your 80GB pod has a thick back which therefore will have a double platter drive there won't be room for it. You need to change it to a single platter one.

XC-3730C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
Well what kind of battery can I use other than a stock/replacement that can provide me with more battery life?

I have an iflash CF adapter with 128gb SDXC card installed, and battery life isn't that great, even with a standard battery replacement I got on ebay

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Well some people have reported that the 2000 battery with the iFlash CF + CF-to-SD board don't fit. I have the 2000 battery with the mSATA board and it barely fits.

If I were you and really wanted the big battery I would purchase an extra CF-to-SD adapter and then remove the top cover and try to shave off some thickness from it. You would probably need to tape up the SD card to secure it somehow.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

XC-3730C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
Does anyone know of a good battery replacement for my 80gb 5th Gen ipod video that will give me longer battery life? Or perhaps I need to upgrade to an ipod that can fit a 2000mah battery? If so, which ipod will fit a 2000mah battery?

Ipod Collector

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2015
Does anyone know of a good battery replacement for my 80gb 5th Gen ipod video that will give me longer battery life? Or perhaps I need to upgrade to an ipod that can fit a 2000mah battery? If so, which ipod will fit a 2000mah battery?

Ok, we understand that you are using a 5.5g 80gb, thick back plate model.
There is a 1900mah battery that sells on ebay, I will get the link for it in a
moment here, but as the other poster had mentioned, that it might not fit
with the adapter you are using. Do you have a pic that you can post of
the adapter with sd card mounted to it. When you say iFlash, are you
referring to a tarken adapter board ? If so, I have one of those adapters
with a thick back plate and also the battery, I will check to see if it will
possibly fit this 1900mah battery, which I have one of:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/high-capaci...371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a49d11fd3

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Ok, we understand that you are using a 5.5g 80gb, thick back plate model.
There is a 1900mah battery that sells on ebay, I will get the link for it in a
moment here, but as the other poster had mentioned, that it might not fit
with the adapter you are using. Do you have a pic that you can post of
the adapter with sd card mounted to it. When you say iFlash, are you
referring to a tarken adapter board ? If so, I have one of those adapters
with a thick back plate and also the battery, I will check to see if it will
possibly fit this 1900mah battery, which I have one of:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/high-capaci...371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a49d11fd3

Yeah man, like I told the op only way to fit a big battery is to slim down (modify) the SD adapter or find a slimmer one that would work.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I'm restoring a 1g iPod, and did not even think of using a cd to sd adapter , cheers for the idea

XC-3730C

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
Would a 2000mah battery work in my 80gb 5th Gen ipod video if I used an SSD instead? Or is it designed to fit specific ipod models only?

Is there any other larger capacity battery I can use with my 80gb 5th Gen ipod video? Largest I have seen is 90mah

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.