Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbadTKO

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
I'm looking for a good powerbook g4 icon (opened, with the default aqua wallpaper instead of pure black) and can't seem to find one. Help?

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><

Attachments

• icons.jpg
    icons.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 967

bigbadTKO

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
i really like the magnum opus icon for the 15", but does anyone know of an easy way to paste the default aqua background on the screen?

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
once you get the icon..how do u replace it than? lets say for the hardrive icon or something? :confused:

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
i4k20c said:
once you get the icon..how do u replace it than? lets say for the hardrive icon or something? :confused:

Select the icon, then command-i for get info. Click on the small icon in the upper left corner of the window. Cmd+c to copy. Next, go to the (for example) hard drive, and cmd+i again. click on hard drive icon in upper left corner. cmd+v to paste in the new icon. Voila!

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
CandyBar is good for changing icons that are deeper in the system, like the default icon for external or internal HDs, and stuff like that. For individual icons (a specific HD or folder), it's easier to just use the Finder.
Also, to return to the default icon for something, just use the Info window, select the icon, and press cmd-x (cut). All done!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Counterfit said:
magnum opus is awesome.

I use their blueberry clamshell on my iBook clamshell and it looks awesome! I don't like the iBook G4 icon though, because it's like kinda long vertical and if I make my icons small it looks bad. On the clamshell, I keep the big because I don't have anything else on the desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.