Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warura

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Anyone know why a third party cert cable is working on a mini ipad and an iphone 5C but not working on a iphone 5s. All have iOS 8.1.3, and I know since iOS 7 the software detects uncert cables, but this is supposed to be certified and is not working on the iphone 5S. Also the iphone 5s works normal with an original apple cable and I dont get the "this accesory is not compatible bla bla bla" pop up when I plug the third party cable. What gives?

tayluftwaffel

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2014
Anyone know why a third party cert cable is working on a mini ipad and an iphone 5C but not working on a iphone 5s. All have iOS 8.1.3, and I know since iOS 7 the software detects uncert cables, but this is supposed to be certified and is not working on the iphone 5S. Also the iphone 5s works normal with an original apple cable and I dont get the "this accesory is not compatible bla bla bla" pop up when I plug the third party cable. What gives?

Sounds to me like that third party claimed to be certified, but didn't do appropriate testing. Is it possible you bought from a cheap chinese company? Cause depending on where you get it from, it's likely to not actually be certified.

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Did you try to twist the cable? Restart the iPhone and try again. This time, first plug it in the iphone, then the other side into the charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.