Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011

I don't think this is the problem people are experiencing, I think OPs issue was that his macbook isn't meant to be sleeping, just have the display off, yet wifi seems to be cutting off when this happens.

I recently noticed this when trying to upload my photo collection to iCloud Photo Library, started it before i went to bed, went back in the morning to find it hadn't made any progress. I got around it by ticking "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off". The option is only available for the power adapter energy settings however, not for on battery.

fleurdelv

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2015
I don't think this is the problem people are experiencing, I think OPs issue was that his macbook isn't meant to be sleeping, just have the display off, yet wifi seems to be cutting off when this happens.

I recently noticed this when trying to upload my photo collection to iCloud Photo Library, started it before i went to bed, went back in the morning to find it hadn't made any progress. I got around it by ticking "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off". The option is only available for the power adapter energy settings however, not for on battery.

Oh, ok. Well, my issue was that when I would come back to my laptop after it being idle for a while I would have to turn the WiFi off and on again in order to get the internet to work. The above link that I posted fixed the issue for me, so just thought I'd share it in case it helps anyone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.