Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ostrykolesz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Poland
I just purchased my first Apple TV. One little problem. When I watch YouTube videos using my Apple TV remote, they play in 1080p. When I use my Iphone 6 to play YouTube videos on my Apple TV, YouTube only gives me an option to play them in 720p. The difference is noticeable. Can this be fixed? Does any one get 1080p when using the YouTube app?

Last edited:

OriginalClone

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012
I just purchased my first Apple TV. One little problem. When I watch YouTube videos using my Apple TV remote, they play in 1080p. When I use my Iphone 6 to play YouTube videos on my Apple TV, YouTube only gives me an option to play them in 720p. The difference is noticeable. Can this be fixed? Does any one get 1080p when using the YouTube app?

The iPhone 6 screen is 720p and the YouTube app only supports 720p max. It might work with a 6 plus.

apollomarv

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2014

Same issue with Netflix for me. I imagine this requires updates from the app developers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.