Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nintendolinky

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Hi, just a quick question. I bought my Macbook on the 1st December last year from the Apple Online Store in the UK.

Over the past few days I've had weird graphical lines appear on the screen, very intermittently, sometimes doesn't happen all day, sometimes happens loads during one day.

if i was going to take the computer into the apple store, i wouldn't want them to just replace the parts, is it possible they would replace it with a new macbook?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
huh?

It depends on what is broken.

Usually they will replace the parts 2-3 times before replacing the entire thing.

Nintendolinky

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
I don't want replacement parts in a 3 month old computer though, if you see where I'm coming from.

Would it be managers discretion?

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I don't want replacement parts in a 3 month old computer though, if you see where I'm coming from.

I see where you're coming from, but the reality is that you have a used computer. It would be nice if they replace it with a new computer, but I don't think you're "entitled" to one (unless there's some consumer law in your country to the contrary).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.