Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hooldus

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Suddenly on my MacBook Air 11,6” A1370 2011 model the keyboard, track pad and right USB slot stopped working. Tried resetting NVRAM / PRAM and SMC – no effect. The keyboard just do not work during the boot. The only button that works is power on button. The USB port on the left is also not working. On another side USB port works just fine and notebook could be operated with external mouse and keyboard.

Does anybody has an idea, what it could be and how to fix?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Suddenly on my MacBook Air 11,6” A1370 2011 model the keyboard, track pad and right USB slot stopped working. Tried resetting NVRAM / PRAM and SMC – no effect. The keyboard just do not work during the boot. The only button that works is power on button. The USB port on the left is also not working. On another side USB port works just fine and notebook could be operated with external mouse and keyboard.

My guess is Logic Board. Any spill damage or was this Mac used in a humid environment?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
If I remember correctly, the keyboard and trackpad are connected to the same internal "hub" as one of the USB ports. If that USB channel happens to fail, the keyboard and trackpad stop working.

DmbShn41

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
Any water damage? I've repaired many a MB/MBP/MBA with exact symptoms, that were caused by water/liquid/moisture damage. Most need a logic board to repair, and possibly keyboard/trackpad and those take in the water first. Some just required a keyboard/trackpad, mainly due to keyboard shorting out, power button won't work, so it won't power on.

HunPro

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2013
Hungary

I'm experiencing something similar.

Did you find any solution?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.