Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
Before I start, I would like to give a big thanks to fuchsdh for giving me CS2:).

Now onto the issue, CS2 won't install unless it is a upgrade from CS1:mad:(due to pirating I guess). I do not own CS1, so what could I do to get by this?:confused:

I used to use CS6 on my Windows laptop, and I never went through this. I also use CS3 & CS4 on my other windows laptop and never encountered this as well.

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
Before I start, I would like to give a big thanks to fuchsdh for giving me CS2:).

Now onto the issue, CS2 won't install unless it is a upgrade from CS1:mad:(due to pirating I guess). I do not own CS1, so what could I do to get by this?:confused:

I used to use CS6 on my Windows laptop, and I never went through this. I also use CS3 & CS4 on my other windows laptop and never encountered this as well.

I do not think that it is a issue to Piracy becuase Adobe took down the activation servers for CS2. For awhile CS2 was free to download off the abode site. Wish i had kept the installers and keys.

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
I do not think that it is a issue to Piracy becuase Adobe took down the activation servers for CS2. For awhile CS2 was free to download off the abode site. Wish i had kept the installers and keys.

Does this mean there is no way to install CS2?

Really need Photoshop.:(

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
Does this mean there is no way to install CS2?

Really need Photoshop.:(

Well, It could be that you have a upgrade CD rather than a Install CD. IIRC the individual installers are in a hidden folder on the CD you can install manually. I believe i had to do that with CS2 when it was available for free.

Edit I do have a Adobe ID i can STILL download the software free. (For the record I have never owned CS2) If you want I can provide you with a download link for the entire CS2 suite (Since you cannot use the CDs anymore).

Last edited:

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
Well, It could be that you have a upgrade CD rather than a Install CD. IIRC the individual installers are in a hidden folder on the CD you can install manually. I believe i had to do that with CS2 when it was available for free.

By any chance do you know where these folders are?
--
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/...-end-life.html

Failed to open page.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
There is a "universal" key that Adobe released when they shut down the activation servers. Since you have a legitimate copy, probably the easiest thing to do is to spend some time on Adobe's website and just download the full version along with the universal key. They both take a bit of digging, but are there).

(BTW, it's still piracy to download CS2 off Adobe's website if you never legitimately owned it. Admittedly they aren't diligent about checking and probably wouldn't go after anyone, but that doesn't change the fact that when you download it you are confirming that you do in fact own a legitimate, licensed copy of CS2).

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
When the images finish, I will create a thread with the links to the downloads as well as the Universal Key.

----------

(BTW, it's still piracy to download CS2 off Adobe's website if you never legitimately owned it. Admittedly they aren't diligent about checking and probably wouldn't go after anyone, but that doesn't change the fact that when you download it you are confirming that you do in fact own a legitimate, licensed copy of CS2).

Isn't CS2 now considered "Abandonware"?

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
Off the top of my head i do not. I am downloading all 3 disc images of CS2 righte now give me about 20 minutes and i'll get back to you.

The page worked fine for me in TenFourFox

Im using Safari(TFF is painfully slow and unresponsive), and will I need to download CS2 or am I fine with the disc I have?( There's about 4 installer discs for me).:confused:

EDIT: Just saw your post, Thanks! :D

There is a "universal" key that Adobe released when they shut down the activation servers. Since you have a legitimate copy, probably the easiest thing to do is to spend some time on Adobe's website and just download the full version along with the universal key. They both take a bit of digging, but are there).

Ill take a look on the site, and I am aware of that.:)

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
Im using Safari(TFF is painfully slow and unresponsive), and will I need to download CS2 or am I fine with the disc I have?( There's about 4 installer discs for me).:confused:

Ill take a look on the site, and I am aware of that.:)

I am not sure but i DO believe you can still install CS2 with your discs (as these downloads are for IF you lost your discs) however just enter the Universal serial key rather than the one provided with the software.

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
I am not sure but i DO believe you can still install CS2 with your discs (as these downloads are for IF you lost your discs) however just enter the Universal serial key rather than the one provided with the software.

Okay, Ill wait for you to provide the key since I have no idea where to look on Adobe's site:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.