Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguy360

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
If you are interested in it because it is fanless, be aware that the fans on the 13" macbook pros only run when doing something processing intensive such as rendering 4k video in fcpx.

The 13" while slightly larger, is made with significantly more metal and is a solid device. There is less worry of the 13" bending compared to the 12".

The Applecare doesn't cover accident protection. If you trip over your usb-c cord and bend the connecting piece in the macbook, you will have to pay out of pocket to fix it.

Apple is going to sell you accessories like a concession stand at a movie theater. They are the only one supplying the stuff and your in need.

Just a few things to think about.

Mcdevidr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2013
I don't think the 12 will bend. For me the 13.3 pro and the 12 are totally different levels of computer. I wouldnt be on the fence between these two.

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2011
If anyone is on the fence between the two, buy the Pro. The loss of functionality will be frustrating much quicker than the extra 1.45 pounds. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.