Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I thought folks might find this photo interesting.

I recently came across a copy of OS X Public Beta, and thought I'd install it on a computer. Here it is next to my Macbook running Yosemite 10.2.2(I don't use the computer that often, so have put off running the most recent update-it's doing so as I type this).

Public Beta was released on September 13, 2000. That means that this photo represents-side by side-14.5 years of OS X evolution.

I have another G4 that I'm planning on installing every version of OS X it will run, from public beta up through 10.5. Of course, there's no real point in it, but it's interesting to me to see the evolution of OS X across the different versions.

BTW, Public Beta is very "different" and 10.0 returned the Apple to the upper left hand corner(where it was on OS 9 and before) and made it a functional button again. Aside from toning down the pin striping and some changes to the dock, most versions have been evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.