Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ltg35

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Staples has Ipad Air 2 on sale $60 off. The Apple store price matched it.

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL

Staples has been $60 off for the past couple weeks. Best Buy has the 128GB in all three colors now for $100 off.. The 64GB for $49 off !

I bought a 64GB from Best Buy and price matched Staples, but I might upgrade to the 128GB for $65 more now with their sale!

Ferc Kast

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
The Multiverse
Any idea how these current sales will last? Just wondering since I'm likely to sell my current iPad to help offset the cost of upgrading to the Air 2.

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
Any idea how these current sales will last? Just wondering since I'm likely to sell my current iPad to help offset the cost of upgrading to the Air 2.

Just checked Staples, and it says their pricing expires 1/31/2015 .. Best Buy pricing seems to have already changed back to full price.. Maybe their promotion was only for last week?

LessO2

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Just checked Staples, and it says their pricing expires 1/31/2015 .. Best Buy pricing seems to have already changed back to full price.. Maybe their promotion was only for last week?

Another thread said the Best Buy sale was a two-day thing.

badmojo69

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
They should be $99 that's about all this vibrating monstrosities are worth. Everyone who buys one will be floored by the low resale value once the feature is removed from the A2s or A3

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Your iPad vibrates?

From what i heard about the Ipad Air 2 issue is that when you put speaker on loud, the device start to vibrate like crazy. Maybe it has to do with the thinness or the low quality material they use for the built.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Your iPad vibrates?

From what i heard about the Ipad Air 2 issue is that when you put speaker on loud, the device start to vibrate like crazy. Maybe it has to do with the thinness or the low quality material they use for the built.

I went to Best Buy to try the iPad Air 2 & sadly I can confirm it vibrates. I opened Garageband, had the volume 1/4 of the way up, and the vibration from the sound was so noticeable that it left like haptic feedback.

It's not a show-stopper but annoying. Apple needs to stop "thinnovation".

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I don't mind the vibrating especially when playing a game with music turned up high. Even some other tasks, I don't think feeling the music is a horrible thing. Nevertheless, I understand it bothering some. I find the improvement in sound is nice on the air 2.

I tried the $100 off 128gb at best buy during the Friday and Saturday sale and even combined a movers coupon to get it for $540 but both I tried had scratches on the back of the iPad. I might try one more time during the next sale.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
It's not vibration, it's force-feedback
It's not vibration, it's the subwoofer
It's not vibration, it's the enhanced Beats audio

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
I went to Best Buy to try the iPad Air 2 & sadly I can confirm it vibrates. I opened Garageband, had the volume 1/4 of the way up, and the vibration from the sound was so noticeable that it left like haptic feedback.

It's not a show-stopper but annoying. Apple needs to stop "thinnovation".

Yes they do and it was a deal killer for me. I was actually set to upgrade ahead of my usual schedule but after feeling the screen resonate while typing and listening to music I was like "no thanks".

The good news is that the Air 3 or whatever they'll call it will be here soon and I suspect they'll take care of this and a few other annoyances. ;)

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Yes they do and it was a deal killer for me. I was actually set to upgrade ahead of my usual schedule but after feeling the screen resonate while typing and listening to music I was like "no thanks".

The good news is that the Air 3 or whatever they'll call it will be here soon and I suspect they'll take care of this and a few other annoyances. ;)

iPad air 3 will have 2x the resolution. (Retina Hd plus or whatever apple calls it) and still 2gb of ram.

You or someone else will complain the processor isn't strong enough to power the newer resolution or barely faster than iPad air 2.

Than I guess you will have to wait till iPad air 4 for it to be powerful enough to support the increase resolution. But by iPad air 4 apple would have made it super thin people would complain about the battery life and the vibration again.

So maybe by 2017 Apple will make an iPad that fits your needs.

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA

Not to pile on too much here, but I was actually more put off by the screen distortion when pressing lightly on the back. I wish they used the iPad Air shell instead of making the iPad 2 thinner...that would likely have resolved both the vibration and screen distortion issues.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008

Does the apple store usually always price match?

I ask because I'm going to use some reward points to buy a gift card for either Apple, Staples or Best Buy. I'd like to use this gift card towards buying an Air 2 but I don't know which store will have the best sale...

Or would it be best to just get the gift cards for best buy and have them price match? Thanks!

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
Not to pile on too much here, but I was actually more put off by the screen distortion when pressing lightly on the back. I wish they used the iPad Air shell instead of making the iPad 2 thinner...that would likely have resolved both the vibration and screen distortion issues.

Dang, so between the screen distortion and the sound vibrations should I just wait for the Air '3'? I currently do not own an iPad right now. Any reason why the Air 2 wouldn't hold its value because of these issues?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Does the apple store usually always price match?

I ask because I'm going to use some reward points to buy a gift card for either Apple, Staples or Best Buy. I'd like to use this gift card towards buying an Air 2 but I don't know which store will have the best sale...

Or would it be best to just get the gift cards for best buy and have them price match? Thanks!

They usually will match a local competitor on pretty much everything expect for iphones. When I bought my ipad from bestbuy and brought it to apple to add AC+ they specifically told me they would have price matched bestbuy. It did not matter b.c I used rewards points, but it was good to know.

Trin813

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Tampa
Staples is offering even bigger discounts today on all iPad air models. Unfortunately my iPad air 2 64gb was purchased on 1/21/15 and is outside of the return/price match guarantee... Ahh well still got a good deal at $539 before taxes...today same model is $509...happy shopping

badmojo69

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
Dang, so between the screen distortion and the sound vibrations should I just wait for the Air '3'? I currently do not own an iPad right now. Any reason why the Air 2 wouldn't hold its value because of these issues?

Yes. No one in the media will talk trash about the issues for fear of the Apple Gods. But IMOP and lots of others the A2 is a POS. Took mine back almost as soon as I bought it and went back to my IP3.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009

I bought an Air 2 and regretted it the moment I went to watch a YouTube video. The sound vibration issue is MASSIVE, and I'm stunned it isn't being discussed much in the press. I returned the Air 2 and bought an Air 1.

Cape Dave

Contributor
Nov 16, 2012
Northeast
iPad air 3 will have 2x the resolution. (Retina Hd plus or whatever apple calls it) and still 2gb of ram.

You or someone else will complain the processor isn't strong enough to power the newer resolution or barely faster than iPad air 2.

Than I guess you will have to wait till iPad air 4 for it to be powerful enough to support the increase resolution. But by iPad air 4 apple would have made it super thin people would complain about the battery life and the vibration again.

So maybe by 2017 Apple will make an iPad that fits your needs.

Hilarious! Super funny!

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Staples deal is still holding. $509.00 pre taxes for the Air 2 64. Grab one if ya need one, it's a great deal.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I bought an Air 2 and regretted it the moment I went to watch a YouTube video. The sound vibration issue is MASSIVE, and I'm stunned it isn't being discussed much in the press. I returned the Air 2 and bought an Air 1.

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and purchased an Air 2, and I've had it for almost a month now.

The vibration is not an issue for me at all, granted I am using the leather apple case. But I can see how using the Air 2 naked could be much worse.

On another note, I haven't noticed the screen 'distortion' when you press the back. But I haven't tried to make this issue happen by pressing hard on the back either. So during normal use it hasn't happened at all.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and purchased an Air 2, and I've had it for almost a month now.

The vibration is not an issue for me at all, granted I am using the leather apple case. But I can see how using the Air 2 naked could be much worse.

On another note, I haven't noticed the screen 'distortion' when you press the back. But I haven't tried to make this issue happen by pressing hard on the back either. So during normal use it hasn't happened at all.

I never had any of the screen distortion issues honestly. Just the vibration issue, which drove me nuts. With a case it isn't all that bad though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.