Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pritz23

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2015
Final got my very first mac book pro!!! Im kind of very OCD i recently downloaded flash and i think i messed up and i want to remove and reinstall it completely can i get some suggestions on how to do this. thank you i appreaciate it alot thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 11.26.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 11.26.05 AM.png
    189 KB · Views: 164

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Final got my very first mac book pro!!! Im kind of very OCD i recently downloaded flash and i think i messed up and i want to remove and reinstall it completely can i get some suggestions on how to do this. thank you i appreaciate it alot thank you

What exactly makes you think you messed up? I can't really think of a way to mess up a flash install.

matreya

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009

Hmm... I don't remember if the flash installer gives you the option to remove flash or not...

Did you get your copy of flash from here?

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Yeah, you are going to have to shift your mindset away from the typical Windows software install/remove paradigm. It's different over here.... ;)

Joelburman

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2014
Yeah, you are going to have to shift your mindset away from the typical Windows software install/remove paradigm. It's different over here.... ;)

Yeah it took me a few months to change mindset after doing the windows to OSX switch.

nobodyjustwalks

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2013
First got my very first New Mac Book Pro

Why not download Chrome and use it when you need to run Flash? Better than installing Flash onto your system as it is inefficient, buggy, and a battery killer.

Steve. Jobs on Flash:

https://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Worst advice ever

Why not download Chrome and use it when you need to run Flash? Better than installing Flash onto your system as it is inefficient, buggy, and a battery killer.

Steve. Jobs on Flash:

https://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

as chrome is just as bad for those issues and when running flash even worse. Use safari if you can it is much better on resource use and battery...

nobodyjustwalks

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2013
as chrome is just as bad for those issues and when running flash even worse. Use safari if you can it is much better on resource use and battery...

Worst advice? Are you feeling okay? Sometimes itʻs necessary to use Flash. Why not use it within a browser instead of putting it on your system?
Something Iʻve read countless MR users state they do in lieu of installing Flash.

And yes, youʻre right. WE ALL KNOW SAFARI IS EFFICIENT AND EASY ON RESOURCES. Did you even read the OPʻs statement and my response? He/she never stated any "issues" he/she may be having. Just that heʻs OCD about the install. Did you think they might want to use Flash for whatever reason?

Sigh...

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
There are ways around it

Worst advice? Are you feeling okay? Sometimes itʻs necessary to use Flash. Why not use it within a browser instead of putting it on your system?
Something Iʻve read countless MR users state they do in lieu of installing Flash.

And yes, youʻre right. WE ALL KNOW SAFARI IS EFFICIENT AND EASY ON RESOURCES. Did you even read the OPʻs statement and my response? He/she never stated any "issues" he/she may be having. Just that heʻs OCD about the install. Did you think they might want to use Flash for whatever reason?

Sigh...

You can avoid it or use it in safari...

Just don't use chrome that is the bad advice it is worse than using flash....

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Yep

Chrome is a resource hog alright. Much prefer Safari and also been really enjoying Firefox as of late.

I also use click to flash in safari and ad block and it keeps it fast and uncluttered with nonsense...
I use firefox on windows, love it, using it now at work...

nobodyjustwalks

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2013
I also use click to flash in safari and ad block and it keeps it fast and uncluttered with nonsense...
I use firefox on windows, love it, using it now at work...

Completely agree. Click to flash and ad block helps Safari speed through the rubbish on the web. As for Firefox...thereʻs just something about it. Just a great browser.

doynton

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2014
Last edited:

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
Yep. With OSX it is accepted for it to be impossible to uninstall something completely unless you do it manually (rather than that being an error of the installer/uninstaller).

Anyway, here you go http://guides.macrumors.com/Uninstalling_Applications_in_Mac_OS_X

In the Windows world it is quite acceptable to leave all kinds of garbage in the registry after uninstalling apps. Manual file removal on a mac is preferable to registry hacks on a windows machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.