Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darkaeden

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2015
I have an iPhone 5s locked to Softbank Japan.
No block or barred whatsoever since its of my girlfriend who paid full amount for it and now contract is over.

Tried myimeiunlock with no luck! After 44days they refunded me reason: "unlock delayed more than expected, you can submit a new order."

Anyone that can help me identify a fast and reliable
Unlock for the phone? Thanks

kornberg

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
Try eBay.....I had success for a diff carrier where chronic and slim couldn't unlock. (Financed USA phone)

ifanme

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2014
macforums
I have an iPhone 5s locked to Softbank Japan.
No block or barred whatsoever since its of my girlfriend who paid full amount for it and now contract is over.

Tried myimeiunlock with no luck! After 44days they refunded me reason: "unlock delayed more than expected, you can submit a new order."

Anyone that can help me identify a fast and reliable
Unlock for the phone? Thanks

You can try the service i recommend and put your feedback here.

DiEg0

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
Searching for IMEI unlock

I have been searching IMEI unlock for my iPhone 6 plus for 3 days already. I decided to go for Samunlocks as recommended in this post just now. I will let you know the outcome.

It is the pain and so many people are making money out of these scams! It is even scarier when you read their terms and conditions!

DiEg0

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
huh...

Samunlocks rejected my order saying it is under contract... I will ask for refund...

Now I think I will try either one of unlockallcellular.com or theofficialunlocks.com and will let you guys know the result...

Edit: Refund received from Samunlocks. Quick email reply from them and quick response. Too bad their 100% guaranteed service is down temporarily.

Last edited:

Hibs

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
Great unlock for NTT Docomo Japan

I would like to leave feedback for a service I was recently able to use to unlock my NTT Docomo Japan iphone 6 plus, which trust me, isn't easy to find a company that can do. They were able to get my phone unlocked from NTT Docomo, which is extremely difficult.

Some people have already mentioned the guy on this forum in this and other threads: Riz of theofficialunlocks.com
He can be found using the website: http://theofficialunlocks.com/ or via Pakgamers http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f188/permanent-iphone-factory-unlock-service-171861/

He took care of me and made sure my unlock went through, a solid service like this is hard to pass up if you need a difficult to get unlock (such as Japanese carriers). He really helped me out, so I hope it can help some of you guys as well!

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
They are scams as far as I know. You can't unlock iPhone using the software. I wouldn't use them.

For as long as people continue to believe jailbreaking = unlocking, they will continue to get scammed by these scammers.

on the side note, 100% unlock services appear to be up and running again. I seen they were down like 2 weeks ago.

DiEg0

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
That's right. 100% is up and running again on the sites which they put it away for a week or so. The down side is that there are many backlog and I think I am in the queue for mine getting unlocked.

ceywat32

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2015
Imei unlock for iPhone 5C

Reading thru the posts it appeared Samunlocks was being recommended, at least by one poster. Checking their site it seems the price for a 5C t-mo unlock would be 150$. I have attempted to contact them to verify. Will post my finding.
Was considering iPhone-unlocker-pro but have shelved that idea. Are there any other imei unlock services that are reliable that have recent success unlocking 5C iPhones (t-mo)?

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Reading thru the posts it appeared Samunlocks was being recommended, at least by one poster. Checking their site it seems the price for a 5C t-mo unlock would be 150$. I have attempted to contact them to verify. Will post my finding.
Was considering iPhone-unlocker-pro but have shelved that idea. Are there any other imei unlock services that are reliable that have recent success unlocking 5C iPhones (t-mo)?

T-Mobile is pretty expensive to unlock, its pretty much been this way since April 2013 when they first launched the iPhone.

I'm sure sam will get back to you, you can also text me him he's always very response from my experience.

ceywat32

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2015
No reply from samunlocks

Repeated attempts to establish contact with Samunlocks have been unsuccessful. Any ideas on how to make contact with this service? Has anyone been in contact with Samunlocks recently? Has anyone recently used this unlocker service recently?

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Repeated attempts to establish contact with Samunlocks have been unsuccessful. Any ideas on how to make contact with this service? Has anyone been in contact with Samunlocks recently? Has anyone recently used this unlocker service recently?

# on the site: 847-701-5125 call or txt him, fastest response through it I would say. If he hasn't responded usually means he must be really busy because he normally responds pretty fast to emails.

Last edited:

divinebaboon

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2011
submitted a clean IMEI iphone 5S (6 months away from contract completion) to samunlocks around 6am on sunday for $10 and forgot about it. Checked today, it was unlocked at Noon on sunday. Dat speed doe. Successfully activated it and got the unlock message on itunes. Sam is tha man! :D

CobaltUnlock

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2015
We are able to get most Clean IMEI done next day (or at most 2 - 3 days). We offer wholesale pricing to all clients (and even lower if you have bulk orders), come check us out at: http://www.cobaltunlock.net. We are also available via email/live chat/ or PM us here.
Thanks

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
submitted a clean IMEI iphone 5S (6 months away from contract completion) to samunlocks around 6am on sunday for $10 and forgot about it. Checked today, it was unlocked at Noon on sunday. Dat speed doe. Successfully activated it and got the unlock message on itunes. Sam is tha man! :D

Nice, I just ordered one today on premium, pricing is more affordable now.

EDIT: My order was done within 36 hours I would say tops, Samunlocks got it done pretty fast this time, from what I had seen months back where it took days.

Last edited:

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong but can thieves with stolen iphone unlock them using these methods?
Usually the first thing that people do when they have their phones stoles is block the IMEI so the "phone" functionally is lost.

DanielNTX

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2005
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong but can thieves with stolen iphone unlock them using these methods?
Usually the first thing that people do when they have their phones stoles is block the IMEI so the "phone" functionally is lost.

IMEI block is usually for the continent the phone is from. So if a lost or stolen phone from the U.S. gets unlocked and then shipped to Asia or Europe, it's a good chance it will work.

JakeK

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
Which service can be recommended for IP6+ Sprint (international) imei unlock?

Last edited:

ifanme

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2014
macforums
Which service can be recommended for IP6+ Sprint (international) imei unlock?

If you are looking for a 3rd party service then i would recommend: theofficialunlocks.com
I used them from start and never had any problems.
For the prices you can visit their website.

JakeK

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
Ordered unlock from "fordrenn" through Ebay for a Sprint (international) unlock. Took four working days and worked flawlessly. 95 USD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.