Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
My wife's iPhone 4 is nearly dead. I can't afford a new iPhone. We are on T-Mobile in the us. I need to get her a new phone soon. I was thinking about getting the lumia 640 when it comes out, but I don't know if she's going to balk on wp8 or 10.

T-Mobile is offering the G2 for $254. Seems like a good price for a recent flagship device. My wife won't buy any used phones anymore and we need WiFi calling because we have almost no signal in our house, so I can't get anything unlocked like the moto g.

I'd appreciate any advice.

I think all she needs is good GPS, Facebook, a decent camera, and gmail.

Fireblade

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Italy
G2 is a decent phone still, good camera and great battery life.
True that, I am using my G2 since 18 months now, and this means a LOT.

Wife owns a white G2 and is very happy with it, she had a iPhone 4s before .

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
G2 works just fine. I think online might offer newer ones for a tad bit more if the $252 price tag is for a used/refurb model. I think the HTC One M7 is also a good model to purchase online as well. If she's familiar with an iPhone, I found the iPhone 5C on sale for $200 on eBay for a refurb. Mine came with a warranty and it works very well except the battery life isn't the greatest since it's an iPhone and I have weak signal at home. Nevertheless, good options to purchase for Wi-Fi calling from what other alternatives I listed. Try Swappa.com as well for new/refurbs.

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
The 5c would be the other option I was considering, but she's reluctant on used/refurbs and it's too much new.

Thanks for the input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.