Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
Hi!

I just bought MBPr and have no need for my Mid-2012 2.5 Mac Mini. It's got 4Gb of RAM and 120GB SSD(upgraded myself)

What something like this worth? If I put 256Gb disk inside, will it increase value? I have some 220-250 ssd's laying around..

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Don't check just once source, but get an average from all sites for a more accurate idea. Some sites may be higher/lower than is realistic. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. If the model is recent enough, you can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

DemonMF777

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2014
S. Florida
$$$

Too bad it's not a quad core! Even so, these models are now very valuable on the secondary market as they have the ability to hold 2 internal HDD's and the RAM is user upgradable, unlike the newer 2014 models.

katit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
Yes, I noticed that they sell kind of higher than what I expected.. Pretty much what I paid (excluding SSD)

It really is worked great for me, but now I don't need it and can't find a reason why I should keep it.

Any non-standard, non-desktop use for this nice piece of hardware (possibly without MacOS) ?

tibas92013

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2013
Costa Rica
Hi!

I just bought MBPr and have no need for my Mid-2012 2.5 Mac Mini. It's got 4Gb of RAM and 120GB SSD(upgraded myself)

What something like this worth? If I put 256Gb disk inside, will it increase value? I have some 220-250 ssd's laying around..

In a couple of months I will be purchasing a Refurbished Macbook Pro, 8GB, 256 GB SSD.

I now have a Refurbished Mac Mini Basic Model(late 2012) i5 2.5GHz in which I recently upgraded the RAM from 4GB to 16GB and has a 500GB HD.

I bought this machine from the Apple Store in August 2013 and has around a year and one-half(1 1/2) left on a Applecare Contract.

I too am thinking of selling it to off-set some of the Costs of the MACBOOK Pro.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.