Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miTunes75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
I have an issue at the moment. I am in IRC quite a bit. I have this channel that I'm in quite often. The screen scrolls through very quickly that the mac can't keep up with it. Therefore, if I try to type something into the channel or anything, I need to wait 1 minute or MORE for it to take effect. In Windows world, there is a script that filters out requests of files, announcements or arrival and departures from the channel, etc. I have looked all over the colloquy website and i can't seem to find a script that filters those requests and posts out of the channel so that you cannot see it and it's easier to communicate and use the channel.

Anyone know of any filter scripts that I can try?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
From http://project.colloquy.info/wiki/FAQs :

Does colloquy have a way to ignore/hide parts, nicks, etc in a busy room?
Colloquy does behave much better with no join/part event messages. There is no preference for this yet, but you can do a CSS trick to disable all event messages. This requires the nightly build.

When using a custom style Variant, Option-Click the Customize button in Appearance Preferences. The CSS file should open, then add:

Code:
.event {
    display: none;
}
Now type "/reload style" in the busy room. All the event messages will disappear and no new ones will show up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.