Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Hello, friends.

I was contacted by TechMatte Inc to do an unbiased review of their product, the iPhone 6 Plus screen protector

Let's begin with the packaging. Plain, white, and includes everything you need for a flawless installation. The packaging comes with written directions for the application, as well as a link to the YouTube channel where you can watch video demonstrations of application.

For the application itself: the hinge method that they recommend certainly has a large list of steps, which if you follow perfectly, you are most likely to have an effective installation. I would recommend following them to the tee. I neglected to follow each step, and the screen protector was not straight. I took it off, and started over with the second (of three) protectors in the package.

This time, I followed the directions perfectly, and the protector went on very smoothly. However, I had an issue with remaining bubbles that I seemingly could not remove. I contacted their customer support, and was given a link to another YouTube video on how to remove bubbles. This video was interesting to me, and I had severe doubts that it would work. However, I found the process to be quite effective. I worked on removing the bubbles for a few minutes, and then the screen was clear. I was impressed.

Moving on, let's talk about the quality of the screen with this plastic film on it. This is something that many people complain about. Most users need their display to be perfect (understandably so) and they also like the feel of glass. (also, understandably so.) In terms of the transparency of this screen protector, I have no complaints. I can see images perfectly well. I would say "crystal" clear.

For the Feel of the touch screen, here we run into a slight issue. There are some smudges from my fingerprints (Which come off with a dust removal cloth) (also, when I had no screen protector on my phone, I still had fingerprints. I suppose I must have greasy fingers.) I did notice that it was a little more difficult to glide across the screen than when there was a naked screen. This is logical, as there is a piece of plastic on top of the screen. But is this a hindrance? I would say only a little. It's not that big of a deal.

Due to the fact that this is an unpaid, unbiased review, I do not really feel compelled to do a drop test. I'm sorry. I will assume that this screen protector will aid in protection from actual drops, but I am not going to take the risk of finding out, just to satisfy the curiosity of the few people that are going to read this. If you are concerned about drop protection, I would recommend using an Otterbox Case. A screen protector is not going to save your phone from all drops, no matter what brand.

In conclusion, this screen protector is $5.99, and I think that is is justifiably priced. It is a very high quality Plastic screen protector, and I would stand behind this brand as a very good option for non-glass screen protectors.

I give it an overall quality rating of 4.5/5 stars.

Disclosure: I am not affiliated with TechMatte. I was provided this product, free of charge, for an unbiased review.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
until i switched over to glass i used their amFilms and LOVED them for my iPhone 6. Great product with awesome customer service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.