Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Is there a tweak that will make one handed text easier on the 6 Plus ? Like move the keyboard to one side and shrink down a little ?

quebert

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2014
Dunno if this one exists, but I'm looking for something like Upnext that will display the next song in my playlist in my notification center. Or somewhere on the screen in a widget or something. Upnext is nice but it only displays song I manually tell it to play next. Even something that would show something like the next 5 songs coming up would be sweet.

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
Is there such thing as a tweak that makes the Spotlight search permanently open on the home screen? Click on it and the keyboard opens for typing--sort of thing.

TIA

balianx

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
What it does: It's a weather widget for the lock screen.
In detail description: http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z474/aleandrog/79B6BB8B-8F3C-45C0-89FD-512F8BBAF57C_zpstgefcswq.png

Last edited:

chad.petree

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Germany
Is there a tweak like "Prettier banners" to have ios 8 show a picture on whatsapp, email and pretty much every messaging app notification?

Also having contact pictures showing up on the contacts list and the missed calls list would be nice. There's a tweak which does it for Messages it's called "Convopics" , I'm looking for something like that

Can I have 4 "cards" showing in the multitasking menu at once? It feels a bit like wasted space

Any tweak to extend QuickReply to WhatsApp yet?

Yes! There is, i'm using Nuntius ;)

I am looking for tweaks to:
• Display contact photos in Mail Inbox and Contacts List (iPhone 6)

Thanks!

Any luck finding it? I'm looking for just exactly that! :(

Last edited:

boo-boo-butt

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
Is there a tweak that lets me copy/paste a word or URL into the URL box in Safari?

For example, I often come across a word or phrase on a website that I want to Google or a URL that isn't clickable. I'd like to highlight it then choose an option from the copy/paste menu that would open a new Safari tab and paste that into the URL box.

edit: Action Menu might do what I need. I'll check on it and report back.

madmorph

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
is there anything out there that lets you rearrange icons on your status bar like protean....i have issues with protean crashing my lockscreen so anything else similar out there please ?

Rsajm

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2015
I downloaded "NoShutterSound" & "silent photo 2" & it worked but after 2 weeks it didnt work. Shutter sound is no more silent! I tried to reinstall the tweak but it didnt work! Any suggestion?

- i use iphone 6 8.1

boo-boo-butt

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
I downloaded "NoShutterSound" & "silent photo 2" & it worked but after 2 weeks it didnt work. Shutter sound is no more silent! I tried to reinstall the tweak but it didnt work! Any suggestion?

- i use iphone 6 8.1

Have you tried just deleting the sound file? I did that. Check the guides online. On my iPhone 5s if I delete the video recording sound I can't stop recording videos(have to force close camera which loses the video).

----------

Can anyone recommend a decent transparent volume tweak?

I'm currently using TransparentVolume8 which is good but I only want the volume background to be transparent, not the little white squares.

With TV8, changing transparency makes the whole HUD transparent so I can't tell the volume level easily.

On iOS7 I used ColorfulVolume to do it but I don't know if it works with iOS8...

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
Has anyone purchased DisturbPlease? I just installed it and it's not working for me. I've tried going through all the "digits" through the app's setting and nothing is working. Not receiving any texts from my favorites in DND mode. Am I missing something?

Dijkertje

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Naaldwijk
Is there a tweak to add more apps to the share list? Sending pictures to whatsapp from the gallery would be really nice.

Is there a tweak like "Prettier banners" to have ios 8 show a picture on whatsapp, email and pretty much every messaging app notification?

Also having contact pictures showing up on the contacts list and the missed calls list would be nice. There's a tweak which does it for Messages it's called "Convopics" , I'm looking for something like that

Is it possible to get an emoticon key on the keyboard? Or at least replace the voice input key for an emoticon key, I hate having to switch keyboards all the time

Can I have 4 "cards" showing in the multitasking menu at once? It feels a bit like wasted space

Yes! There is, i'm using Nuntius ;)

Any luck finding it? I'm looking for just exactly that! :(

What is the repo for Nuntius? Can't find it..

Last edited:

dingdongyo

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2015
Hi! Brand new here, thanks for any help. Here's what I'm looking for:

What it does: allows me to tether my laptop to my iPhone's wifi connection, not the cellular data connection.
In detail description: iPhoneModem doesn't seem to work at all. It never passes the "scanning for wifi connections" without hitting an error, no matter which wifi I'm connected to. So I'm looking for an alternative. I want this because there seems to be some kind of device limit on the wifi at my GFs apartment complex. My iPhone never has trouble connecting, but my laptop barely ever sees the wifi (even though the MAC address has been added). Regular tethering on my iPhone cuts off the wifi and sends my connection through my cell data, which is unnecessary. I just want to bridge to the community wifi through the phone. I have an iPhone 4S on iOS 7. Any ideas? Thanks!

reeveah

Suspended
Oct 23, 2008
Can anyone assist on this?

Using CustomMessages but I can't find the option to change background color in the Message App.

Thanks!

Got it, thanks!:)

Last edited:

boo-boo-butt

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
Hey all. Two things I'm after:

1) Maybe this doesn't even need a tweak but, when my iPhone is locked, I don't want the screen turning on when I get a notification, only sound/vibration. I was looking into DND stuff but I'm getting nowhere.

2) Something like DND Pro which never got updated for iOS8. I would love a way to choose what apps are included in the DND white/blacklists.

Thanks!

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Hi I want to know any tweak or app which let's me stream music latest songs etc just like movie box and hd cinema which let's you stream movies. Thanks

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I'm looking for a tweak that will allow me to use iCloud Photo Library on cellular data (My3G isn't working for this). Also a tweak that will make iCloud Photo Library upload the pictures I take/save from the web without me having to open the photos app on my iDevice.

I really hope these two things exist.

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
dqoaJOV.jpg

not sure if anyone can help, After I get to the Script path, can't seems to find the next step to change the language

levimasoner

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2015
Iso

ISO a tweak for iOS 8.1.2 and up to kind of clean up the photos.app
Basically maybe to get rid of the "shared" and "photos" tab
Thanks in advance!
Sorry if isn't the correct format, I'm a newbie :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.