Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
So I have had my fitbit for nearly two years now and was toying with the idea of not using it anymore and just using iPhone 6+!

But I started to compare the two and noticed that the Fitbit was much more accurate in measuring steps as compared to the iPhone.

Has anyone else compared the two or compared the iPhone to any other device?

Honestly, the health app seems like a total waste to me. Every time I look at it I wonder what purpose it is suppose to serve. The data there isn't presented in a poor fashion and it seems like there is not much to do with it.

Just wondering if anyone uses health and if I am missing anything? Feels like they are missing out on big potential.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
So I have had my fitbit for nearly two years now and was toying with the idea of not using it anymore and just using iPhone 6+!

But I started to compare the two and noticed that the Fitbit was much more accurate in measuring steps as compared to the iPhone.

Has anyone else compared the two or compared the iPhone to any other device?

Honestly, the health app seems like a total waste to me. Every time I look at it I wonder what purpose it is suppose to serve. The data there isn't presented in a poor fashion and it seems like there is not much to do with it.

Just wondering if anyone uses health and if I am missing anything? Feels like they are missing out on big potential.

Fitbit also measures sleep and app has some nice features as well.

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I don't have a fitbit, but I do have a Jawbone UP band and I have to agree that the Health app is not as proficient at measuring steps as the UP band. Also the Jawbone app presents fitness information much more clearly and alerts you when you reach a certain amount of steps during the day, which I like.

Sometimes, I'm not even sure the point of the health app. It doesn't really do much of anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.