Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnWick

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2015
I have an Apple Ipad Air. It is about to hit the garbage can. I'm not paying Hundreds of $ to get it fixed. It is officially UNUSABLE. The Other day, when I was download the MOST RECENT update the other day, which was MARCH 10, 2015, so that was TUESDAY, I download IOS 8.2 as it says when I check for Software updates now. Current software IOS 8.2 but since then, my apple has been BROKEn. It freezes every 3-5 SECONDS, so If I am scrolling down on a WebPage, or doing anything on the apple, Period, It will freeze the touch screen every few seconds. WHAT IS WRONG? IS THIS THE FIRST REPORT, OR CAN SOMEBODY SEND ME THE LINK TO OTHER REPORTS, I can play music, or videos, just fine, in regards to video lagging, It is Non-Existant, so videos and audio work just fine, however, the touch screen freezes so often. The graphics are fine. Its the touch screen that freezes every few seconds. I have not dropped the Apple lately, or EVER. I have no cracks on the apple. I have no bends, or dents in the apple. So I am fixing to pack up the apple in its garbage bag, and then take it to the dumpster, but I need to check one last time. Now I have looked, and It appears there are some problems, with 8.2, but I don't know what. Keep in mind, this is the LATEST UPDATE in Apple. I want to hammer that deep. I check every hour on my Ipad by going to Settings, and checking there. I've turned my apple off, and turned it back on. I've performed the reset where I held the power button and Home button down and then that failed. So, what else? Is it just the Digitalizer in the Ipad? It was working perfectly fine until the update. Has anybody ever heard of this? If not, what about anywhere on Itunes where I can actually EMAIL Apple and ask about this? Anybody have a place where I can read REVIEWS DIRECTLY on Apple, about This recent problem? I am still trying to figure out if there is a crack. I cannot find one whatsoever. I have used a magnifier. NONE ARE VISIBLE. So, I have NO IDEA.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Just restore the damn thing. More often than not this will fix the problem. Also paragraphs would make your post a lot easier to read.

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
Have you tried the Apple Help page? I think a DFU restore will do the trick! Just google it and follow the instructions.
I can understand your upset right now but my advice is to calm down and google for DFU restore read it carefully and just follow the straight forward instructions. You most certainly got a messed up OTA update. Its not worth it to get upset about it. Calm down and look for (the easy) solution. :) In the end its bits and bytes only.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
"I want to hammer that deep"

Just restore the damn thing. More often than not this will fix the problem. Also paragraphs would make your post a lot easier to read.

Oh, and here I was wanting to see his post & pics where he threw his iPad into a garbage can. lolz.

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
I have an Apple Ipad Air. It is about to hit the garbage can. I'm not paying Hundreds of $ to get it fixed. It is officially UNUSABLE. The Other day, when I was download the MOST RECENT update the other day, which was MARCH 10, 2015, so that was TUESDAY, I download IOS 8.2 as it says when I check for Software updates now. Current software IOS 8.2 but since then, my apple has been BROKEn. It freezes every 3-5 SECONDS, so If I am scrolling down on a WebPage, or doing anything on the apple, Period, It will freeze the touch screen every few seconds. WHAT IS WRONG? IS THIS THE FIRST REPORT, OR CAN SOMEBODY SEND ME THE LINK TO OTHER REPORTS, I can play music, or videos, just fine, in regards to video lagging, It is Non-Existant, so videos and audio work just fine, however, the touch screen freezes so often. The graphics are fine. Its the touch screen that freezes every few seconds. I have not dropped the Apple lately, or EVER. I have no cracks on the apple. I have no bends, or dents in the apple. So I am fixing to pack up the apple in its garbage bag, and then take it to the dumpster, but I need to check one last time. Now I have looked, and It appears there are some problems, with 8.2, but I don't know what. Keep in mind, this is the LATEST UPDATE in Apple. I want to hammer that deep. I check every hour on my Ipad by going to Settings, and checking there. I've turned my apple off, and turned it back on. I've performed the reset where I held the power button and Home button down and then that failed. So, what else? Is it just the Digitalizer in the Ipad? It was working perfectly fine until the update. Has anybody ever heard of this? If not, what about anywhere on Itunes where I can actually EMAIL Apple and ask about this? Anybody have a place where I can read REVIEWS DIRECTLY on Apple, about This recent problem? I am still trying to figure out if there is a crack. I cannot find one whatsoever. I have used a magnifier. NONE ARE VISIBLE. So, I have NO IDEA.

You can speak with Apple at the Genius Bar or by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE.

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012

Back up your data and purchases. Then do a full reset in iTunes via recovery or DFU mode.

If that does't work, make a reservation, then bring it into an Apple Store or Apple Service Provider. They'll reset it first. Then if they're still able to replicate the issue you've been having, they'll replace your iPad with a new(refurbed?) one for free.

Oh, I can see your anger through your words but your iPad's problem is not Macrumors readers' fault, so don't punish us. We're just trying to help. So please don't put so much words in capital letter and paragraph things nicely next time.

Best wishes :)

Tminusg

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2011

It sounds broken for good. Ill take it off your hands for 100$ for parts ;-)

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Oh, and here I was wanting to see his post & pics where he threw his iPad into a garbage can. lolz.

Since I don't see any TM symbol, I'm stealing this and using it as my personal battle cry.

I might also change my username to this....I'm overwhelmed at how accurately and succinctly it describes how I feel about so many topics.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Well...

...at least it's not your puppy.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
@OP
I was cracking up everytine you referred your iPad as "my Apple". :p

Your whole post seems like written in a fit of rage.

Few suggestions
1. Perform full software reset and erase all date if it is not important
2. Perform a DFU restore and set it up as new
3. Go to any Apple store and get it checked by a professional genius.

hanser

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2013
Fake or Sarcasm?

I searched for other posts of th OP and they do not fit at all with this one. In one he claims even to be an Apple employee. So either this post is just meant sarcastically or somebody got hold of his account data and uses it for trolling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.