Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malochico1

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2012
also ordered the white ringke slim from amazon, should be here today!

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to compare the two side by side. I tried the power support in store. I received the ringke in the mail on Monday. I am very happy with the ringke. I love power support products, but I do feel they are expensive and don't last. Power support warranty is only 90 days. I think I have finally found the perfect case after trying many cases for my 6 plus. The ringke is very slim, the black one without logo cutout is a nice grippy material but just enough to slide in and out of my pockets. Cutouts are perfect. It does take some effort to remove the case. I don't feel like the case is going to crack like how I felt with the power support.

sbbrown333

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2009
Upstate SC
IMO: I bought the Force case at the Apple store yesterday and immediately returned it (after trying for 20 mins to get the case off of my phone) the front lip is huge! To me it made the phone feel weird to use when talking on it and I took it right back. Maybe the non force case is great but I can't believe the Apple store would sell this garbage case.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
IMO: I bought the Force case at the Apple store yesterday and immediately returned it (after trying for 20 mins to get the case off of my phone) the front lip is huge! To me it made the phone feel weird to use when talking on it and I took it right back. Maybe the non force case is great but I can't believe the Apple store would sell this garbage case.

What colour?

hbcubs

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2013
SoCal
Here's mine with the iLoome glass screen protector.

Attachments

• image_1.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 371
  • image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    947 KB · Views: 266
  • image_3.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
  • image_4.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 372
  • image_5.jpg
    image_5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 311

xreei

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2014
Here's mine with the iLoome glass screen protector.

That looks fantastic! All round protection for the glass as well, too bad my case didn't fit well or I would've gone for the same setup. :(

xreei

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2014

I just got the ringke slim today, perfect fit unlike my apple store air jacket. Lip also much lower, feels alot less awkward when using yet still provides a little air gap before the glass contacts the table. Slimness of both cases are comparable, but I think the sides are a little thinner on the ringke slim. Buttons marginally easier to press.

The sf black color that I got also feels fantastic unlike the clear, completely glossy air jacket, though I guess that would have been solved if I got the matt air jacket. The air jacket is definitely going back to the apple store. :p

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I have the Jacket Force and honestly the lips feel great to me, it gives enough protection so that in the events you accidentally laid it flat on the screen side it wouldn't scratch the screen itself.

The Smoke color on my Space Grey 6+ looks great!

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
I have the Jacket Force and honestly the lips feel great to me, it gives enough protection so that in the events you accidentally laid it flat on the screen side it wouldn't scratch the screen itself.

The Smoke color on my Space Grey 6+ looks great!
Is there a chance you could post a few pictures?

This is the same combo at the top of my list right now and I want to place my order between Black Friday and Cyber Monday as I have free shipping from Power Support.

Two questions:
How bad are the finger prints on "Smoke"?
How noticeable is the lip on the "force" version through the Apple Store? Barely noticeable or Highly noticeable?

Thank you:D

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Is there a chance you could post a few pictures?

This is the same combo at the top of my list right now and I want to place my order between Black Friday and Cyber Monday as I have free shipping from Power Support.

Two questions:
How bad are the finger prints on "Smoke"?
How noticeable is the lip on the "force" version through the Apple Store? Barely noticeable or Highly noticeable?

Thank you:D

As to the second question, highly noticeable. You won't miss it at first but you do get used to it quickly. It doesn't make the phone look odd or anything... It's just there.

Shaown456

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2015
Hey there, I had bought the Force from my local Apple store when I had already purchased the regular Air Jacket online. I had some issues with the Force, it felt a little loose despite being super hard to get on and off. When I took it off I thought there were alme scratches I don't recall seeing on my phone before. I still cannot confirm whether or not they are new. But speaking to the differences between the Force and regular Air Jacket there is a big one. The regular one is much slimmer, with much less of a lip. I even notice a slighr colour difference. I much prefer the feel of the regular Air Jacket. I also took a few pictures to include so you can see yourself

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.