Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
That's just gorgeous! Great job capturing it.

A great story behind another great photo. I'm sure that many of us (myself included) would have been more than happy with one or more of the images you chose not to process. Your dedication and persistence produced an amazing image!

Surreal, the perspective aesthetic of the foreground rocks creates so much impact. Great job P :)
Seems like it was worth getting those flat tyres for :p

Thanks, guys! Reef, that wasn't the trip where we got the two flats. I have a running joke going with my friend (who was with me at the time that I shot "Moondial") that the flat tire incident was a later payback for having gotten too much good luck on the trip before it. For anyone who hasn't seen the comedy video that we produced while stranded in the desert with two flat tires, here's the link: CLICK. :eek:

Puckman

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Yorba Linda, CA
I love that silvery tone you get on their skins here. Wonderful lighting/processing.

----------

Thanks, guys! Reef, that wasn't the trip where we got the two flats. I have a running joke going with my friend (who was with me at the time that I shot "Moondial") that the flat tire incident was a later payback for having gotten too much good luck on the trip before it. For anyone who hasn't seen the comedy video that we produced while stranded in the desert with two flat tires, here's the link: CLICK. :eek:

I got a good chuckle out of that one! Thanks for that.
And who gets TWO flat tires? Talk about bad luck.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Time for a beer...

ux6h6Hw.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Very good. I prefer the white background to the black you sometimes use. How do you decide which set up to use?

----------

[url=https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8720/16933651375_d4e1961d99_c.jpg]Image[/url]
Anna's Hummingbird by MCH-1138, on Flickr

D7000 • Nikon 300m f/4D (AF-S) • 1/250 @ f/16 • 2 Speedlights

Another winner.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Short Eared Owl

DSC_9199%20-%20Version%202-L.jpg

This guy was perched much higher than I would like (they rarely perch at low levels) but he was kind enough to make eye contact and I think that saved the shot.

The Bad Guy

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Australia
Very good. I prefer the white background to the black you sometimes use. How do you decide which set up to use?

Nothing too complicated, just depends on the 'look' I'm going for really.

Trying to get away from those themes for the moment and use more ambient texture. This one is just a recent edit of a photo from the archives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.