Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
having a great internet radio app on my android tablets and on my 5th gen iPod, i can't seem to find anything worthwhile for OS X thats free or inexpensive and allows me to save favorites. what gives. any recommendations. i mostly care about news and old time radio. tia.

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
here are a couple of radio apps for Mac. http://mac.appstorm.net/roundups/mu...or-radio-listening-and-recording-on-your-mac/

I used snowtape 2.0 works very well!

Yes, I saw that link before I posted. $33 for snowcap is absurd. In any case, it's pretty bizarre that none of the GREAT internet radios that are available and free or less than $2 for android and apple tablets are, after all the years, unavailable for macs. iTunes radio is just a big botched mess of stations with no organization and to listen you have to actually go in to iTunes. its kind if maddening.

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Yes, I saw that link before I posted. $33 for snowcap is absurd. In any case, it's pretty bizarre that none of the GREAT internet radios that are available and free or less than $2 for android and apple tablets are, after all the years, unavailable for macs. iTunes radio is just a big botched mess of stations with no organization and to listen you have to actually go in to iTunes. its kind if maddening.

If you're so upset about it, why not make your own app? Nothing's stopping you.

EDIT: what does "internet radio" even mean? What station do you want to listen to in particular? This web site seems to have a bunch:
http://www.internet-radio.com/

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
What app are you using that is so great on your devices? Many of the popular sites have internet browser access as well. If you mean there is a specific application that was 3rd party developed, then yes, you will need to make your own or try to find something similar.

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
I discovered that tunein pro that I have on all my tablets is online with all my favorites saved, perfect. But thanks for the tips.input

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
Tunein has a web site. Why do you need it in app form?

I'm just used to apps because I've been using Android tablets over mac laptops for quite a while. I recently got a loaded 2010 mbp 15 and a new 2014 mba 11. But when I found the tunein website I downloaded it to my desktops. I have the tunein app on all my tabs so the website had my profile and favorites so I'm cool now tunein is the best Internet radio as far as I'm concerned.

bingeciren

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2011
I still don't understand what do you wish to accomplish that you cannot do it with iTunes. :confused:

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
First, TuneIn is developed iOS first.

Second, TuneIn doesn't have any desktop versions at this time.
On the Mac you can access it through the TuneIn website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.