Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

According to Apple's System Status page, several of its services are experiencing downtime. Some users may be unable to access the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, and iBooks Store.

The page also suggests some users may be experiencing issues with the Apple TV, iTunes Match, iTunes Radio, iTunes U, and OS X Software Updates.

applesystemstatus-800x508.jpg
The downtime appears to have started just after 3pm and is ongoing. We have received several emails and tweets from users who are unable to access the App Store or can only access certain parts of the App Store.

iOS App Store Top Charts, for example, have been unavailable since the downtime originally began, and while some app categories were also blank, those seem to be reappearing, suggesting the outage may be short.

Today's App Store outage is the second Apple has seen this week.

Update: Apple's System Status page is back to normal, suggesting all issues have been fixed.

Article Link: iTunes Store, App Store and Other Apple Services Experiencing Outage [Update: Fixed]

Kenjancef

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
East Providence, RI
Nope. Not fixed yet. When I open the App Store and go to Updates, there are two apps that need updating. For about a second the box says "Update", then it changes to "Open". So still broken...

ttss6

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2014
California
Anyone think it's a coincidence that Apple TV, App Store, and iTunes Store are among the services that went out?? WWDC is gonna be fun this year!

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Maybe that explains why, when I was listening to music through iTunes Match earlier, the pieces kept skipping. First time that's happened for me. Why are Apple and cloud services like oil and water sometimes?

randallking

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009
Potential aftershocks

This morning my MacBook Pro running Yosemite prompted for credentials for iCloud, FaceTime, and Messages. Although I know I typed the right password, it kept prompting so I finally canceled the prompts.

I use this Mac every day and it very rarely prompts for credentials for those services. Usually it's when the services have had an outage or update, or when I've changed account information.

I mostly post this in case Apple is reading so they'll know the effects their outages have on users. Here's hoping they get whatever problem they're having fixed!

pajamma

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Went to the iTunes store to rent a movie last night, failed a couple times, rented it on Amazon.

I'm looking forward to the day when legal options are more reliable than torrents.

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
Too much outages for such big IT company. Someone should be fired for such things. Where I work if you made mistake, you get payment penalty or get dismissed.

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
The last time this iTunes Store, App Store outage happened, I couldn't access any of my iTunes Match music at all. None of it would stream, just telling me that I didn't own it or what not. That's what I get for relying on Apple's Cloud than storing more of my music locally. It made for a long train ride to work. :cool:

FelixAng

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2013
Hong Kong
Fixed? I don't think so. My US iTunes Store on Mac is doing the same thing it did last night at this time---completely dismissing my correct password and asking m repeatedly to type in password; I can't purchase anything or download any already purchased items to my Mac. Yet things seem fine on my iPhone.

I'm so glad I'm not trusting Apple with anything time-sensitive for back-up. Apple's cloud services aren't reliable. My Google Drive account has been quite flawless for over two years (knock on wood), and cross-platform at that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.