Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Flexibits launched Fantastical 2 for the Mac this morning, the long-awaited update to its popular calendar app for the Mac. To celebrate the launch, Flexibits has teamed up with us to offer 25 MacRumors readers a chance to win a Fantastical bundle that includes a copy of the new Fantastical 2 for Mac app, a copy of Fantastical 2 for iPad, and a copy of Fantastical 2 for iPhone.

If you're not familiar with Flexibits' line of Fantastical apps, they're some of the most popular calendar apps in the Mac and iOS App Stores, due to cross-platform availability and the use of natural language parsing for scheduling events. It's possible, for example, to write something as simple as "Meeting with Eric at 4 p.m. tomorrow" and have the event properly scheduled in the app.

The apps also integrate with Reminders to allow users to schedule to-dos that are time and location-based, putting event details and reminder lists in one easily accessible spot, plus they includes customizable event alerts, geofencing, built-in maps, and more.

The Fantastical 2 app for Mac launching today includes a Yosemite-style redesign, a full calendar window, Handoff and extension support, a Notification Center widget, and a new feature called Calendar Sets, for quickly switching between groups of calendars.

To enter to win one of the 25 Fantastical bundles, use the Rafflecopter widget below. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting our Facebook page. Due to the intricacies of international law regarding giveaways, this giveaway is open only to U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older.

The giveaway will run from today March 25 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through March 27 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time. The winners will be chosen randomly on March 27 and will be contacted through email. A response to our email is required within 48 hours or the winner will forfeit the prize and we will pick a new winner.

If you want to buy Fantastical 2 for Mac and iOS, the apps are available through the following links:

- Fantastical 2 for iPhone, $2.99 [Direct Link]
- Fantastical 2 for iPad, $6.99 [Direct Link]
- Fantastical 2 for Mac, $39.99 [Direct Link]

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a 'Fantastical' Bundle That Includes New Mac App, iOS and iPad Apps

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Due to the intricacies of international law regarding giveaways, this giveaway is open only to U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older.

MacRumors shouldn't give out ANY giveaways if you're going to impose these restrictions. It's unfair to the rest of us who haven't lived... to be 18 yet! :cool: :rolleyes:

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
Hey, this is great! I love my Mac, love Fantasical. It'd be great to take advantage of this awesome offer by a site I've been a part of for years and regularly contribute to.

Oh, wait a minute. I forgot... I'm Canadian... I don't actually exist.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Oh, wait a minute. I forgot... I'm Canadian... I don't actually exist.

On the plus side, you're Canadian. That comes with a ton of benefits we only dream about. One benefit is your ability to export your worst people to us and somehow convincing us to welcome them: Bieber and Cruz.

terrapinjess

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
Speaking of fantastical, can anyone give any insight into if this will show all-day events in the Notification Center? Been writing Apple a few times over the past few months about this being (re)implemented into iOS. I really don't want this discussion to blow up on here I just want to know if this supports this feature -- I've been looking for a calendar replacement based on this need. Hell, if Google calendar had a widget I'd be set.

captain cadet

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
MacRumors shouldn't give out ANY giveaways if you're going to impose these restrictions. It's unfair to the rest of us who haven't lived... to be 18 yet! :cool: :rolleyes:

I think the T&C should be if you can legally do it you can but it is your responsibility to check...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Speaking of fantastical, can anyone give any insight into if this will show all-day events in the Notification Center? Been writing Apple a few times over the past few months about this being (re)implemented into iOS. I really don't want this discussion to blow up on here I just want to know if this supports this feature -- I've been looking for a calendar replacement based on this need. Hell, if Google calendar had a widget I'd be set.
Yeah, I never got why Apple doesn't support that for their own Calendar app. But there are a number of calendar apps that do support that, including Fantastical, like Calendars, Sunrise Calendar, Tempo, WidgetCal, and a number of others (most are mentioned in a widgets thread at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1771816/).

----------

I think the T&C should be if you can legally do it you can but it is your responsibility to check...
Unfortunately many actual laws regulating giveaways that are different across many places (throughout the world).

sedlacep

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2015
Discrimination

"Due to the intricacies of international law regarding giveaways, this giveaway is open only to U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older."

Excuse me, but this is a flagrant example of discrimination. Either you are "US only" blog and in that case you should be accessible only in the USA, or you happen to be a global, international one and in that case you should treat everybody equally. The remark on "international law" is nothing but a lame excuse.

capuzino

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Finland
Fantastical idea, but the U.S. only kinda kills at least my chances from 1 to 0.
Well, I'll just wait for the real sales.

P.S. Wouldn't it be possible for MacRumors to make these giveaways international (at least the ones containing digital prize) but state that the one joining the competition is the one responsible when/if a law is broken?

amporas

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2015
Idk if it's discrimination so much as just forgetting that there is, actually, a world outside of the states.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
A giveaway is probably the only way I will get Fantastical 2 for the Mac given their current pricing structure

Agreed, oh I can't enter, but I just went to check the price - £30! I'll just use the entry on my phone and stick with the old version on my mac. Can't justify it that much...

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
"Due to the intricacies of international law regarding giveaways, this giveaway is open only to U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older."

Excuse me, but this is a flagrant example of discrimination. Either you are "US only" blog and in that case you should be accessible only in the USA, or you happen to be a global, international one and in that case you should treat everybody equally. The remark on "international law" is nothing but a lame excuse.

Are you joking? It's not discrimination. They are a blog based in the US but that doesn't mean people outside of the US find no purpose in following the blog. It's not their fault that they can't hold giveaways for those outside of the area in which they are based.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Idk if it's discrimination so much as just forgetting that there is, actually, a world outside of the states.
It's certainly not discrimination. Might be good to look into what a promotional giveaway is and what discrimination is before making some outlandish links between the two.

It's also not forgetting, as there are specific reasons as to why it's done the way it is, as have been mentioned in a number of threads relating to promotions.

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
On the plus side, you're Canadian. That comes with a ton of benefits we only dream about. One benefit is your ability to export your worst people to us and somehow convincing us to welcome them: Bieber and Cruz.

None of that has a damned thing to do with this offer. That said, if we're threadjacking, I'll admit I'd rather have universal health care than Fantastical.

sedlacep

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2015
It's certainly not discrimination. Might be good to look into what a promotional giveaway is and what discrimination is before making some outlandish links between the two.

It's also not forgetting, as there are specific reasons as to why it's done the way it is, as have been mentioned in a number of threads relating to promotions.

Oxford dictionary: The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Excluding the rest of the world exept USA on international pages ergo is IMHO a discrimination based on nationality, or a region. As I wrote in my original post - it is either a US only page - then it is ok, or an international page, then it is not ok and they should be covering whole world or nobody.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Oxford dictionary: The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Excluding the rest of the world exept USA on international pages ergo is IMHO a discrimination based on nationality, or a region. As I wrote in my original post - it is either a US only page - then it is ok, or an international page, then it is not ok and they should be covering whole world or nobody.

You can't have alcohol until a certain age in most countries. You can't vote until a certain age in most places. You can't use a men's restroom if you are a woman. There is so much discrimination around when applying blind logic without re context of reality.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch

That's the price to be paid for living in a world of sovereign nations.

If you're going to go through life tilting at windmills, I predict you are in for a miserable existence.

Netniks

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2003
Ohio
A Worthy Upgrade

Fantastical 2.0 is a serious upgrade to an already great calendaring program. I have plunked down my $ for less worthy upgrades.

My yard is littered with programs that I don't use anymore… but I bought Fantastical 2, and don't regret it at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.