Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
It is a pretty safe bet that 3rd party faces will be available at some point. I'd also put money on 3rd party complications once the software has matured a little more.

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
No, it hasn't come out what that button does.

I would guess that the user can set up a number of faces that they can then quickly switch between. Ie, there may be 6 different face types, but the user can set up a bunch of different faces with different complications and then switch between them without having to set each one up again.

Again, just a guess...

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
No, it hasn't come out what that button does.

I would guess that the user can set up a number of faces that they can then quickly switch between. Ie, there may be 6 different face types, but the user can set up a bunch of different faces with different complications and then switch between them without having to set each one up again.

Again, just a guess...

I'm going to have to agree with you on this. Like having multiple Mickey Mouse face configurations with different complications so you don't have to keep reconfiguring it every time.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
I'm assuming you can use that button to purchase more watchfaces from Apple.

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
I'm assuming you can use that button to purchase more watchfaces from Apple.

If watch faces are available for purchase from Apple, it would almost certainly be something you did from the app on the phone.

deanfitz1

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2015
Think you can use it to create your own watch faces with your own photos too.

Seen in a few videos where they have a picture of some people and the time overlaid onto the photo

Seannyb

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Oregon
Think you can use it to create your own watch faces with your own photos too.

Seen in a few videos where they have a picture of some people and the time overlaid onto the photo

I agree. In a couple videos when they are swiping through the different faces one of them is a picture of a women and her child (if I remember correct). Nobody is going to have a picture of some random person and their kid as their watch face. There must be a way to put your own picture in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.