Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
I would disagree, the pharmacist who doesn't believe in abortions should not be required to sell the morning after pill.

And the reality is everyone should be that religious and willing to stand up for what they believe in.

If your a Muslim don't become a pig farmer. Same thing in your bogus pharmacist analogy. A pharmacy isn't a darn church. It's to sell legal drugs. If you got a problem with some of them, you don't belong in that business. Or better yet, YOU don't personally use those drugs. It is None of your business what others do. Geez. It's not that hard people. a belief is your personal issue, don't use that belief to restrict others.

You aren't standing up for your beliefs by using religion to make rules for a secular establishment, you are just being moronic.

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
Well no. If this was the truth, no-one would get elected as we can't trust elected officials to keep to their word or only deliver on the policies they campaigned with. It's only after they get put into office do you see their real agenda, not the sales pitch.

----------

I'm not gay. I also don't think gay people are perverts.

My apologies for misunderstanding. We must agree to disagree on the definition of perversion, since your goal-posts are on a different field to mine.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
No, he wanted two things. First, he wanted the Aryan Race to be supreme and uncorrupted with inferior blood. Second, he wanted to eliminate particular groups - whether they were German or not, because he saw them as a threat.

His motives had nothing to do with improving the general human genome.

As I said, his methods were different. But, he wanted a superior race. You suggested that if genetic modification was the answer, we could fix people from being gay which means you believe them to be inferior and need fixing.

brianvictor7

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
United States
I of course take issue with the word "sinner", but yes. Which is why what's most upsetting about this bill to me is that they dressed it up as a religious issue, when the bible would teach anything but. It should have been named the "Intolerance and Unacceptance Freedom Law".

Keep in mind that these people believe that there is something seriously dangerous in homosexual behavior and feel they are contributing to the harm of society by in any way condoning it. This should be understandable since there are homosexuals who act like religious bigots are contributing to the harm of society and in any way condoning their beliefs is bad.

td1439

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Boston-ish
Guys ****ing guys is not how human kind moves forward and evolution takes place.

7 billion people on the planet growing at an exponential rate, and you're worried about evolution moving forward? Our evolution is far more threatened by global corporatism than it is by 10% of the population not reproducing.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Basically correct. There was a time when the country when we had such a thing as shame. Now it is gone. This law is meant to protect those who feel obliged to take a stand against immoral behavior. That isn't going to change the worldly behavior. I Cor 5:9ff

You do realize that scripture was dealing with sins within the church and not those outside right?

Again I ask, if you shun homosexuals, whom you are suppose to entreat to Christ, how will you reach them?

That law only protect their own righteousness which is as filthy as what they perceive as sin.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Christians who believe, quietly, privately and without spreading hate, that homosexuality is wrong, are still forced to perform gay marriage ceremonies.

Yes, a government employee whose job is to provide marriage certificates may actually be required to do his or here job.

What other people are being "forced to perform gay marriage ceremonies?"

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Yes but no one cares whether you or I disrespect any view based on desert nomads and their alleged holy books. It is the liberty of the believer that we are concerned with. The believer has sole ownership of their views and opinions just as you and I have sole ownership of ours.

Selling something is NOT a belief. If you don't like gays, that is not a belief like believing in an all powerful divine spirit. Calling something a religous belief doesn't make it so. So using religion to make business decisions in a secular world is absurd.

MacrumoursUser

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2014
Denmark
Normal is not the word you are looking for then. It might be more accurate to say 'ineffective for population growth'.

Considering the world has a population problem, it's not such a bad thing that many couples can't or don't want to have kids regardless of their sexual orientation. Normal can only be defined in your head for what you believe it to be. Are people born left handed normal people?

----------

Show me the page in the dictionary that says gay people are perverts?

Both left handed and right handed are normal since its determined genetically which being gay is as far as i know is not. You are not born gay, you become one due to external factors. There are no accepted studies that prove some gene or genes to exist that play role in human sexual orientation.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
7 billion people on the planet growing at an exponential rate, and you're worried about evolution moving forward? Our evolution is far more threatened by global corporatism than it is by 10% of the population not reproducing.

Agreed. It's also silly to use the term evolution as evolution can't move forward if people don't change. Not suggesting we all need to turn gay but if homosexual activity is growing, it is progressing evolution more than the traditional mindsets of others who want to stay the same.

MacrumoursUser

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2014
Denmark

Genetic diversity. There is no other way. ****ing your pal will not provide that.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Both left handed and right handed are normal since its determined genetically which being gay is as far as i know is not. You are not born gay, you become one due to external factors. There are no accepted studies that prove some gene or genes to exist that play role in human sexual orientation.

No accepted studies such as what? What studies have you read that you discarded?

brianvictor7

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
United States
You do realize that scripture was dealing with sins within the church and not those outside right?
Yes.

Again I ask, if you shun homosexuals, whom you are suppose to entreat to Christ, how will you reach them?
I agree with your point. We are not in disagreement.

That law only protect their own righteousness which is as filthy as what they perceive as sin.
Disagree with the spirit of this statement. Discriminators are trying to help society by trying to suppress a seriously bad sexual behavior. Even if I believe that this is an ineffective way of going about the problem, I don't question their intentions. Also, there is no point in saying they shouldn't try just because they aren't perfect themselves. The ideal doesn't change just because we fall short of it.

Last edited:

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
You might be free to believe whatever, but that doesn't mean your beliefs don't have consequences.

It just takes time. For me, working with a lesbian would be not good and is because I was not raised like that and is not in my nature. Now, there is nothing wrong with it it is that I am not used to and i would like to work with things that are regular by my standards. I can not work killing chickens neither or cleaning windows on a skyscraper.

But you have to understand it is your own issue and not to make a policy for every one else who may not give a crap about it. I respect as I would like to be respected in not working with people like that.. so far... I may be ok after a while, what is the lesbian is a tomboy but very helpful and friendly? I'll be ok.

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
As I said, his methods were different. But, he wanted a superior race. You suggested that if genetic modification was the answer, we could fix people from being gay which means you believe them to be inferior and need fixing.

First, I said race - the German race.

Second: since perversion of biology is counter to the continued existence/ evolution of the Human Race, then, yes, it is inferior to the norm. Whether it can be fixed or not depends upon whether it is actually caused by a rogue gene, or something else.

BTW, I would argue for similar solutions for other major defects, which cause so much grief, and little or no benefit.

downpour

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
But it is perfectly fine for irreligious people to get away with the very poor behavior of sleeping with whomever they please and spreading venereal diseases which, correct me if I'm wrong, affects the lives of other people (Note: I'm speaking of all kinds of sexual immorality here, not merely homosexual).

So you are saying only atheists sleep around?

Personally I've been an atheist from birth and I will be faithful to my wife until I am dead. The same can be said for many gay people. On the other hand clearly many religious people are not faithful to their partners at all. This leads me to conclude personal ethics has little to do with mythology.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
First, I said race - the German race.

Second: since perversion of biology is counter to the continued existence/ evolution of the Human Race, then, yes, it is inferior to the norm. Whether it can be fixed or not depends upon whether it is actually caused by a rogue gene, or something else.

BTW, I would argue for similar solutions for other major defects, which cause so much grief, and little or no benefit.

German is not a race.

Is Tim Cook inferior to you and me?

So being gay is a major defect? How exactly does it cause harm other than groups against it targeting people with verbal and physical abuse and now discriminating by openly refusing admission in some states.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Who is picking on gay people?

Every passage in the New Testament that could possibly be interpreted as relating to homosexuality has that reference tucked among a long laundry list of other "sins." Yet you never hear these so-called Christians batting an eye at any most of these other behaviors-- some of them are even practice regularly by a good number of these self-declared "Christians". How many self-declared Christians are themselves "revilers"?

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
Agreed. It's also silly to use the term evolution as evolution can't move forward if people don't change. Not suggesting we all need to turn gay but if homosexual activity is growing, it is progressing evolution more than the traditional mindsets of others who want to stay the same.

Er ... you do realize that evolution has had more dead ends than can be counted?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.